9. Janitor Closets

My heart was bound to give me a heart attack tonight. Nothing could take me down from this high, not the bruises that covered my arm or the stinging burn upon my cheek. No, nothing could tear me down.

That kiss.. It's all I've been able to think about, I can still feel the way our lips molded together, the way they fit so perfect. Not to mention the tingles that shot all through me during the whole thing.

I'm a mess.

Who knew a girl who is apparently the most popular girl of the town, and who seemed to be homophobic ended up wanting something to do with me.

But.. What did she want with me? That was the thousand dollar question I wanted to know. I'm nothing special, mostly toxic at best. Except, somehow she cared about me.. Except what if it was all an act, or dare of some sort, to see the new homosexual girl trip over her own feet and fall flat on her face... But she seemed so sincere, she had to care! At least, a little bit..

Tonight was going to be a restless one at that...

I spent it tossing and turning, before eventually getting up and getting dressed. Luckily it was a Friday, the best day of the week. By the time I made it to school, psycho Nick practically attacked me.

"God, I thought you were dead in a ditch somewhere! A simple, everything's cool, would've been fine!" He cried.

I smiled sheepishly, "Sorry Nick, uh I guess you could say I got caught up yesterday. Also, kind of misplaced my phone..."

His eyebrows rose before a smirk slipped onto his face, "Caught up, huh? Who was it? Time to spill the juicy gossip!"

I rolled my eyes, shoving him playfully, "I don't kiss and tell, if I did, I wouldn't have nearly as much fun!" I replied before messing up his hair and heading into P.E. I could hear him groan before the door of the girls locker room shut completely. The sound of my boots made the other girls look up. Some had a nasty glare while others were trying to avoid eye contact, all the while hiding their bodies.

Thanks Piper, you are so good with storing telling!

I went to my locker, seeing bright pink sharpie writing, sick freak, right in the middle. I was just lucky I didn't have any clothes inside or I'm pretty sure they'd be long gone. I started to change when I heard the click of a phone taking a picture. I instantly covered myself, looking around but no one was looking at me, except for one. She was the definition of petite with short curly blonde hair and green eyes. She had her face twisted into a snarl, looking me up and down in disgust before turning on the heel of her shoes and making her way out, a few girls chasing after, giggling like they knew something no one else did. I could feel my palms sweat a little as my heart dropped. Did someone really take a picture? And if they did, was it of me?

I bit my lip, feeling the familiar sensation of hurt wash over me. Like their was sudden a sinking void were my heart should be... And I just felt so drained and weak but no, I've changed, I grew up and I'm a different person now. I don't freak out over petty little things, I breathe, and move on.

Just to be on the safe side, I went into a changing stall. By the time I finished locking my stuff up, I was five minutes late.

"I don't take lateness, Ms. Moiré. This isn't New York, you are now in my class and you will respect my rules." A few stifled laughs filled the air as the Coach glared at me.

"Sorry, I just had some trouble with my locker." Lies built on lies, the only way to stay sane.

I took my seat next to Nick, laying my head upon his shoulder and wrapping my arms around his. I needed some kind of comfort, just the smallest kind for a few seconds while I get myself together.