Old Friends

Chapter 24
Rachels pov :
I turned and I saw him standing there. "Hi Sam." I said and hugged him tightly. "Hi Rach." He said and kissed my cheek. "How are you? How's Mercedes?" I asked him as we sat down on the stage. "She's good. She's in Barcelona right now so I decided to come and see you." He told me. "Wow Barcelona. I remember going there I loved it." I said. He looked at my baby bump and said , "Are you...." I smiled and said, "Yeah." I told him. "Who's the dad?" He asked me. I smiled guilty and said , "Finn." I told him. "Finn as in Finn Hudson isn't he married?" He asked me. "He was and then got divorced. " I said. "Does he know ? Are you two together?" He asked me. "Yes he knows and no we're not together. I turned him down. " I told him. "What why ? You two are having a baby." He said. "Its complicated. " I said. "How complicated? " He asked me. "Like his ex wife came back told him they're not divorced, I told him to choose me, he did and then I told him I couldn't be with him. " I said. He gave me a confused look, "What?" He asked me. "I told you its complicated. " I said. "Why don't we go out to dinner and you can tell me everything. " He said helping me up. "Sounds perfect." I said and we left the auditorium. "Okay so let me see if I got this , you came to Lima because Mr.Shue asked you to because Finns wife Catherine who p.s. sounds awful left him and you're the only person that could help him , so one night you came over with Wine and Vodka you and Finn got all caught up he kissed you then you two had sex and you got pregnant, than just as you two got back together Catherine, eww, came back into the picture, you gave Finn an alternative and he chose you but it was too late because he left you a voicemail admitting his love for you and he got divorced from Catherine came to your house told you in person that he divorced her and want to be with you and turned him down . Is that right?" He asked me. "Yes." I said. "Okay A. This Finchel relationship is way to complicated and B. Why did you turn him down you love him?" He asked me. "You wouldn't understand. " I said. "Uh Rach , in case you have forgotten I've been your best friend for 13 years , plus I've been a part of that love triangle I think I know what I'm talking about. So what is it?" He asked me. I sighed and said , "Its Emma." I told him. "What?" He asked me. "After Emma died , Finn and I became reckless and then he cheated on me , we got divorced and that was it , he never called me, never texted me , never came to see how I was , its like our whole marriage never happened and neither did Emma. " I told him. "Rachel , theres something you should know." He said. "What?" I asked him. "Finn did try to get in contact with you. " He told me. "What?" I said. "He went to California to see you but when he got to your house you weren't home Jake was." He told me. "Wait why he didn't just call me?" I asked him. "He went to your house and when he knocked on the door , Jake answered and told Finn you wanted nothing to do with him that you were happy . He made me promise not to tell you. " He told me. "So he did come back for me?" I asked him. "Yes ." He told me. "Oh my God I have to go and talk to him." I said and left.