| C-h-a-p-t-e-r-S-i-x-t-e-e-n |

Chapter 16: He leaned closer and closer and closer...

I hate school. I know it's something weird coming from me, since I was a nerd, but I really hated it. I mean, who didn't?

It wasn't because of the classes, no, it was because of the stupid Halloween dance that they organized. I didn't want to go, but my friends made me to, and Arden planned it as a date. So let's just say that I didn't have a choice but to go.

It was Thursday and the dance was the day after. I still didn't have a costum. Asking Clara for one wass out of the question because she chose the worst ones. To ask Jennifer seemed a better idea but since she was Arden's sister, I thought it was a bit weird. So I was left with only one person who could help me, myself.

Just kidding.

Jennifer and Addison, Blake's sister, were helping me. We were at the mall, searching for the perfect costume for tomorrow's dance. Arden couldn't just choose another day for our date. I had tried five costumes since we had arrived and no one was good or close to good. Two of them were sluttery, one was way too girly for my taste and the two others were just too scary. Wandering through the mall wasn't my cup of tea so I decided to go to the one store where I could find everything, Amercan Eagle.

As we entered there, we were greeted with lots of dresses and scary costumes. Jenn and Addison went to search for a costume while I looked at one dress, who stood on the back. It immediately caught my attention and I was surprised to why it wasn't bought yet.

It was a silver long dress. It had sleeves, but they were short, only about two inches, I think. Also, it had it's own shoes, with heels and the same colour as the dress. That was the one. "Girls, I found it." I squealed as they came to me.

"Which one?" Jennifer asked as she looked in the direction I was pointing. "Oh my god McKanzie! That is amazing." she said a little excited.

"Yeah, that's the perfect for you." Addison agreed as she went to get the dress and the heels. Then she came back to us and handed them to me. I headed to the dressing room. I closed the door and took off my clothes and put on the dress. It fitted perfectly. Then I put the heels on and got out of the stall. Jennifer and Addison gasped when they saw me. I blushed and turned to the mirror. In front of me was a completely other girl.

My hair were the same, also my make up, but the difference that this dress caused was enormous. I looked like...

"Cinderella." Jennifer completed for me. Cinderella. Cameron called me like that. I smiled at the thought of Cameron. I wished that he was my date to the dance tomorrow, but I promised to Arden and I couldn't break that promise to him.

God, what am I doing?

"All the eyes will be on you tomorrow." Addison stated smiling.

"You think so?" I asked in disbelief. The dress was wonderful, but still.

"Of course. My brother is a lucky a**." Jennifer laughed as I shot her a glare for her choice of words. She smiled sheepishly.

I took off the dress and then paid a good 300 dollars on it. Then we got out of the store and headed to the food court.

***

Flashback.

I woke up hugging my pillow. Since when do I hug my pilow? I asked myself. When I opened my eyes and lokked at what I was hugging, I saw Cameron's face. Then I remembered everything that happened. He was snoring loudly and had his arms wraped tightly around me. I tried a couple of times to break free from him, but it was impossible. So I decided to wake him up. "Cameron, wake up!" I trieed the first time. He didn't budge. "Cameron!" I tried again. Nothing. He really was a heavy sleeper. I shook him and he finally opened his eyes. "Finally." I breathed.