|C-h-a-p-t-e-r-E-l-e-v-e-n|

Chapter 11- He is just an acquitance.

I was stunned, surprised. Arden liked me? It couldn't be possible. He, my best friend, was falling for me. I mean, I'd heard plenty of stories where best friends fall in love with each other, but I never thought it could happen to me.

"I..." I started but the words wouldn't come out. What would I say? I never looked at Arden in that way. I mean, of course, he was good looking and all, but he was my best friend. And there was another problem, I liked Cameron, his supposed arch enemy.

"Don't say anything. I know it's hard and unexpected for you, but I just had to tell you." he said and I looked at him for the first time since he confessed. His expression was unreadable. I wanted to say something, but I didn't know what, so I remained silent.

We stayed there for a while, just watching the busy city in front of us. I felt guilty for not liking him back. He was a wonderful guy and every girl wouuld be lucky to be with him. He maybe was a player, but he was a good guy if you searched deep in him. Before I could process what I was doing, I threw my arms around him and hugged him tightly. He stiffened for a moment but hesitantly hugged me back. "I'm sorry." I apologized.

The ride back was silent. How would I act around him now?

We entered in the living room, which surprisingly was empty. Arden grabbed my arms and spun me around to face him. "McKanzie, I don't want you to act differently with me. They are my feelings and I understand if you don't return them. And I still want to be your friend if you want too."

"Of course I want you to be my friend. Except Jennifer, you are the only friend I have and I don't want to lose you. It's just that...I was surprised." I said honestly.

"What about him?" he asked. I knew who he was talking about. And that him was right in front of me, looking between us. My eyes locked with his and he immediately looked away and clenched his jaw. What was wrong with him anyway?

"He is just an acquitance." I answered, making my voice loud enough for him to hear. He had hurt my feelings by avoiding me all this time. Now it was my turn to hurt his, if he had any. "Nothing more." I added, ignoring the hurt that those words caused. He was so much more for me, but I wasn't for him. I hugged Arden and saw the look that Cameron gave me, a look of betrayal.

Cameron coughed loudly, causing Arden to turn around and face him. "Am I interrupting something?" he asked, venom laced in his face.

"Yes, you are." I said before Arden could speak. Arden stiffened, but didn't say anything. I looked coldly at Cameron, but he still didn't leave. Stupid you-know-what!

"Oh sorry." Sarcasm was clear on his voice as he smirked. "I didn't know that pr*cks were allowed on my house!" he spitted. Arden couldn't hold anymore his calmness. He lunged at Cameron and punched him stright on the face. I gasped. Cameron punched back and the you know what breaks loose in this kind of situations. Punches and profanities were thrown between them while I was screaming for them to stop, but it seemed that no one wanted to stop. "STOP!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs for the last time. They stopped dead in their tracks and I sighed in relief. Finally. But my relief was cut shor when I looked their busted faces.

Arden had a cut on his left eyebrow and on his lower lip, while Cameron had a bloodied nose and lip. They were both panting and glaring at each other. I went between them and put my hands on each of their chests to separate them. "You," I pointed at the blonde dude. "Out!" he looked at me confused and wanted to protest but I shot him a don't-you-dare look. He nodded. "And you," I turned to the curly one. "Upstairs, now." I commanded. Man, since when was I this bossy? With a winning smirk and a groan, Cameron climbed up the stairs and went to my room. Arden sighed.