Howlers and Family

I staggered into bed. The tears blinding me slowly. I cried softly into my pillow. I had killed everything I believed in. Everything I had ever wanted on this earth I had destroyed with one single sentence. Everyone around me was asleep. I just sat there staring out of the window waiting patiently for the time to come.

I must have fallen asleep after a while as I was awoken to Amanda shaking me. "Get up Cassie or you'll miss breakfast." I stared blankly at my new found friendship with this girl could be soon ended all because of what I said to Lily Evans. Amanda suddenly looked concerned as she took in my appearance the tear tracks that gave away that I had been crying. "Oh Cassie," Amanda said "Whatever it is will be okay, I promise." I shook my head in response and pulled on my uniform. I plastered a fake smile onto my face and used magic to do my hair and make up. Amanda was watching me from the space on my bed with a smile. "There," I proclaimed "I look like a black now, all fake and all proper." I took her hand and dragged her down the stairs and into the common room where there were students milling around waiting for their friends and such. "I thought you said we would miss breakfast" I said with a smirk. That caused us both to start giggling as we thundered through the portrait and down the stairs towards the great hall.

The good mood that was there quickly disappeared as we both saw a line of pureblooded Slytherins waiting for the first years to enter the hall. Most of these purebloods were people that I had grew up with and most I was related to if not all of them. Amanda stopped in her tracks "Maybe we should skip breakfast" She muttered to me. I looked her up and down and pulled her with me not making a sound at all. We were almost at the doors when a snide little voice spoke up from the Slytherins.

"What have we got here Regulus," Someone spoke up, "Is that your blood traitor of a sister." That caused laughter among them including my brother. I pretended I couldn't hear them and carried on dragging Amanda along so she didn't get caught up in this mess. "HEY," The voice shouted,"I was speaking to you Cassiopeia Black." Then someone grabbed me and pulled me by my hair towards them causing me to let go of Amanda to be pulled back towards the Purebloods. This caused a crowd to form. "Oh were you," I snidely spoke back "I couldn't hear of the sound of hissing." The boy pushed me towards the wall banging my head in the process. So far my time of Hogwarts was pretty crappy and this guy wasn't making in any better. So I spat in his face, which by far was the worst move ever. He punched me in the face causing my Blood traitor of a brother to appear. "Hey, that's my sister." He then started a fight with them causing me to slip away into the hall.

By this point Amanda had started eating and had plated me up some breakfast which I calmly took a seat beside her and started eating it quietly. Everyone in the hall was staring at me as a large black bird came into sight. The Black family bird. I sighed and rolled my eyes as everyone was seated including my brother who was conveniently sat near me. A Howler. Without fail my darling mother sent a blasted owl to the school screeching about the houses to Sirius. Today was my turn as the bird landed I noticed there were two letters me and Sirius had a letter.

I howlers opened and released the screech that was my mother. "CASSIOPIEA FLECTITY BLACK, YOU HAVE CAUSED GREAT DISGRACE TO THIS FAMILY. THE FATE OF THIS FAMILIES FURTURE WAS RESTING ON YOUR SHOULDERS AND YOU HAVE DISTROYED ALL CHANCES OF THE SUCCESSION OF THE HONOR. YOU HAVE DISGRACED THIS FAMILY AND THE REPUTATION OF OUR BLOOD LINE. WHEN YOU RETURN HOME THIS SUMMER YOU WILL... BE RESIDING WITH YOU GRANDFATHER. DO NOT RETURN HOME THIS CHRISTMAS OR YOU WILL REGRET IT." The letter ripped itself up. I just sat there staring at a point on the wall with the thoughts running through my head about my grandfather.

You see my grandfather is a very traditional man, children should be seen and not heard type of man. He also believes that woman are used for one thing only an that is to make children and serve on the man. He believes that all woman should be what a man wants which is to be submissive. Which I am not and neither are any of the women in my family but he will never understand that and still tries whatever method he can to portray that message even if it causes harm to us.

I saw Cissy and Bella stand up slowly staring at my blank face and my blood traitor brother grabbed me from behind. You see my family sticks together even if we all fall apart once in a while. My grandfather was a scary man and we have all faced the wrath of him once or twice especially me. I was taken out of the hall and into a closed off classroom where we sat in stony silence. "She wouldn't send you there really would she." I looked up sharply at the voice that spoke it was Reg he had followed. The person who saw grandfather the least and had never faced the terrible nature of his punishments. Cissy smiled weakly and Bella looked furious "Of course she would you idiot, you were warned about this Cassie but you still went and did it, WE WILL NOT HELP YOU!" She spat as pronounced every word like it was poison. "Good job I didn't ask for any of your help, I won't return this summer so it defiantly wont be a problem." I stood and left the room quickly.