Meeting him

Dear Readers, I hope this chapter is worth the long update time. Sometimes the motivation to do this is hard. I really hope this is good.

I have been here a week and I have heard nothing at all from the letters I have sent. The potters haven't even replied to my Thank you. I guess that means that I meant very little to them if they don't have the thought to reply. I wish I had actually written to Sirius but I thought that he wouldn't even read the letter probably not even open the seal. Maybe I should have taken the risk but I'm not really that sure.

I had forgotten how rusty my French really was until I had to speak it every day to the girls I shared a dorm with. Sometime I get confused and the other girls laughed at my expense but it doesn't matter to me anymore I am able to carry on speaking in my broken language. All I want is to fit but I haven't found the friend that is right for me yet but soon I will meet the boys from the other institute that is only for boys. We have classes together but my classes have been suspended for the last week so I am able to understand the language better than I already do.

I am sat at the breakfast table surrounded by girls who are all chatting loudly around me, I felt a nudge at my side from the girl to my right. She spoke so quickly to me in French and then pointed up, I saw a large black owl flying towards my seat holding a letter in its beak. My eyes lit up as the letter landed in the space in front of me and my owl flew off.

Dear Cassie,

I'm so sorry for the late reply I have only just received this letter, I thought you were in France not America! I am missing you so much, Hogwarts isn't the same without you. The others say hello too, even though nobody really understands where you have gone.

Sirius has been wandering round like a lost puppy, according to a fifth year he has fallen out with James and the others. Maybe you should send him a letter, I think he is waiting for one. I hope you are having a decent time in France. I know that you speak French fluently so you mustn't have too much of a hard time understanding.

If you have any problems though just ask my cousin Max, he is in the all-boys school. I wrote him a letter last week saying you had arrived at the school. He replied saying that you are in all of his classes and you must sit by him.

I hope you and me can still be best friends. To be honest Cassie, you were my first best friend ever. I want you to know that even though you won't be coming home any time soon (not until to become of age anyway), we must mail each other every single day.

Lots of love your best friend

Mandy.

The girls that were around me stopped talking as a smile had grown on my face for the first time in the last week. In front of me landed a piece of parchment and a quill with ink, I looked up at the girl that gave them to me. She smiled at me and spoke in broken English. "Write back to her." I smiled brightly and quickly got to replying.

Mandy,

You don't understand how much your letter meant to me. The potters haven't replied to me either but I wasn't surprised since how much I hurt Sirius and he is supposed to be their new son or somewhat. Tell the others I say Hello to.

I am missing you so much, I wish I could come home but with You-Know-Who on the lose I am unable to return until the vanquishing of him since my family is known supporters of his movements. When I become of age my uncle is probably going to marry me off to some wealthy rich bloke anyway so I should have bags of time to visit my best friend in England.

What do you mean he has fallen out with the others? I wish I was there for him right now but I can't since I am probably a hundred miles away from him right now. Even though he will never speak to me again I do still love him greatly. I will write to him tonight after my classes have finished.

I can't wait to meet your cousin Max, he seriously doesn't have to be my friend just because you asked him to but hopefully I can start meeting new people. My French is a little rusty since I haven't been able to use it in so long so I keep making mistakes and I am unable to hold a decent conversation so I need someone who can speak a little English right now.

I will be writing to you every single day as you are my first friend ever. I love you so much.

Love Cassie

I heard the bell ring and suddenly I was pulled into the whirlwind of the day ahead of me. The girl who gave me the writing material dragged me down the corridor towards my first lesson which was charms.

As I walked into the class everyone was milling around grabbing the supplies for the lesson. I was a bit clueless on what I should be doing but then I felt someone take my elbow and lead me to a seat. I turned around and stared at the face of a boy who was grinning that a mad man at me. As I sat down I turned towards the boy and smiled back at him as he took the seat next to me.

"I'm Max, you must be Cassie." His voice came out in perfect English sounding exactly like Mandy. I smiled brightly back at him "Well Max, you guessed correctly." I had never spoke to someone like him before as I had come from a school that was mixed to begin with.

The professor walked in swiftly shouting instructions in rapid French. It was too fast for me to understand but for Max it was like second nature. He whispered the instructions back to me in English so I was able to understand the language well enough. After around half an hour my brain was able to translate all of the French into English for me to understand.

The rest of the day past so quickly I forgot how much fun I was having until it was time for Max to go home and leave me alone again. I had made a few friends throughout the day thanks to Max as he introduced me to a number of people during lesson and break times. I was so thankful to have Mandy looking out for at home even though nobody else was.

After dinner had ended I was seated on my bed listening to the other girl's chat rapidly about the cuteness of the boys in our classes. I grinned as they spoke about some of the boys and added my opinion to their choices, in French of course. They welcomed me in open arms and spoke to me about everything and it was only one night. I suddenly remembered to write to my brother right before bed. I said night to the girls and crept down to the common room to write him a letter.

Dear Sirius,

I wasn't sure whether I should write this letter, I feared you won't want to read anything I have to say not since I betrayed your trust over the Christmas holidays. I wanted to write to you to say how deeply sorry I am. All I want is for you to forgive me and we can move past that. I heard about your falling out with the others and I hope it wasn't anything serious.

Please reply big brother. I love you any way whatever you decided.

Love

Cassiopeia.

Sending that letter was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. All I wanted was his approval but I knew that I would never hear from him again. I had broken him to many times the damage was done now.

v