Harry is mine

I woke up the next morning with no memories of the previous evening and what the strange man had to offer or say. I knew that he had saved my life as I had all intentions of jumping from that cliff and plummeting towards my death into the sea below. I knew he had brought me back to my senses and to my daughter who was waiting for her mummy. I rolled out of bed and pulled on my dressing gown. I entered the kitchen with a small smile to my brothers who were sat at the table, Severus was making breakfast at the stove. I took a seat opposite them and took the paper that the owl was offering. The newspaper announced the death of my husband seeing as it was big news in the wizarding news since the heir of the black family was without a spouse at the moment. Also his family was important in the wizarding world before they were wiped out by the Dark Lord. I took the offered breakfast and ate silently. I could feel all of their eyes on me as I ate as calmly as I had done before my husband had passed away.

We sat eating and reading the paper when an owl appeared at the kitchen window carrying a letter with the British Ministry Crest. I smiled a small smile as I saw the address on the letter and relief flowed through my body as I realised what was going to happen. The letter was addressed to me and I knew that Sev would have received one to when he arrived back at Hogwarts when he left after he gave me food. Opening it using wandless magic it scanned for any spells that were embedded into the parchment. It came back clear that goodness as I didn't want to have that fight with the courts.

Dear Lady Cassiopeia Black,

I am writing to inform you of the date that has been set for the Trial of Albus Dumbledore concerning the guardianship of Mr H.Potter and the mistreated that happened under the care of this self-appointed guardian. I am also writing to inform you of one of the members of your house's trial and the improper treatment he had when he was in our care. The trial of Lord Sirius Black concerning the tragic deaths of Lily and James Potter.

I hope you take my sincerest apologies for the grieve that has overcome your house with the loss of your husband and the pain we as a Ministry has caused with the wrongful imprisonment of Lord Sirius Black.

The courts dates for the trial between Albus Dumbledore vs the house of black (Harry Potters Guardianship and Mistreatment). Witnesses: Petunia Dursley and Arabella Figg. 25th February 9:00am.

Ministry of Magic vs House of Black (the wrongful imprisonment of Lord Sirius Black). Witnesses: Minister of the French Ministry and Remus Lupin (Werewolf). 27th February 9:00am

Yours gratefully

Madam Bones.

After I read these aloud to the boys we all jumped with joy as we knew that by the end of the week we should be celebrating the guardianship of Harry with Severus and the proclaimed innocence of Sirius. I couldn't believe that we were at the stage of finishing with the fact that everything we had done to achieve this moment had come true. We had final finished everything that we had needed all we had to do was show up at the trial present evidence and be done with it.

Obviously that was easier said than done because the next morning the papers arrived containing all of the trial information and their opinions on my family. They dragged our name through the mud and then put dog crap all over it. I sighed as the wards light up like fireworks indicating that someone wanted to get into the house. Severus appeared at the kitchen door wearing his school robes, his cheeks were flushed and his tie was out of place. He looked like he had ran a marathon with his dishevelled look. He saw me looking at the papers and I stood up towards the sink to make myself a cup of tea. He sat down at the table with his head in his hands. "Cass, what are we going to do?" His voice was muffled as he hid it in his arms, he didn't look like he could handle this stress. I comforted him quietly as Sirius came down and took one look at me. I ran up the stairs and pulled on some formal clothes. My formal robes were thrown over the top but I still looked well put together. I raced down the stairs and got Severus dressed accordingly and then did what could be deemed as mental I gave him a Black family robe. "You're one of us now Sev." He smiled sadly as he took off his teaching robes and pulled on the family robes. I used some beauty spells to make him look presentable as I pulled him over to the fire place. We flooed back into his office at Hogwarts from there I went to Malfoy Manner. Severus was behind me as I landed in the living room in front of the shocked Cissy and Lucius. "I need your help?" I stated out of breath from all of the running around and the stress. I told them everything and how I needed help with dealing with the papers and the family honour was at stake here. They both agreed and pulled on the family robes as we all headed towards the Ministry. I looked exactly like Bellatrix did before she turned crazy as I went to knock on Andy's door hoping she would also help me. She agreed along with her daughter, Reg was meeting us at the Ministry. We all walked in together making the place go silent as I walked up to the reception desk demanding to speak to the responsible person for releasing information about a minor without requesting the permission. I got taken to Minister Fudge who was surprised to see the head of the black family alongside the Malfoy family. We argued for a while until he backed down demanding a formal apology be made in the Daily prophet the next morning.

Holding my head high I knew that today my family had finally made the claims as I respectable family once again. We are on the steps towards greatness again but first we must make it through the trial so our head of house can be reinstated. The pain I had been feeling over the past few days was slowly starting to lessen. Don't get me wrong the loss of my husband was heart breaking but I had a family to run and a Noble House to Head. Tomorrow was the first court date which could decide the future for my godson. I knew that tomorrow would only go one of two ways and one of which wasn't in my favour.

Waking up the next morning was hard as I pulled myself out of bed as I heard the floo roar downstairs signalling that Severus and Harry had arrived. My pyjamas consisted of a pair of shorts and a long tee shirt which was Max's. Walking towards the stair case I saw Harry standing there wearing his school uniform, his tie was hanging around his neck loosely and his shirt was untucked at the bottom. Sev was carrying his robes over his arm as he held onto Harry's shoulder directing him towards me at the top of the stairs. Inside Harry's bedroom I had lay out clothes which I deemed as appropriate for court including the Potter House robes which made him seem proper. I changed into my clothes proudly displaying the Black family robes along with Severus. I glanced into the Mirror as I walked down surprising myself as I portrayed Bella more than she ever had.

Tucking my wand underneath my sleeve as we entered the British Ministry and headed towards the lower court rooms which today and for the rest of the week. My hands had started to shake as the members of the court room stood and fell to silence as I entered. Harry grabbed my hand and squeezed it gently, I smiled quickly and set the mask back into place. We all were seated quickly in front of Andy, Cissy and Lucius. Lucius whispered in my ear as I sat down telling me that al was sorted for Sirius and that Dumbledore won't win this. I kept my entire body facing forward and stared blankly ahead as I remembered all the research that we had concluded.

Madam Bones entered the room which caused us all to silence and me to breathe easier knowing that she was the judge. The court started with all of our evidence being displayed first and myself having to stand and present this.

After having to present all of our evidence to the judge and the jury against Dumbledore for every single trial that we had to attend over the course of the week, I was trying to keep myself together for the rest of the family before we found out the results. I had removed Harry from school to take part in the trials and I had decided to send him back later in the year to keep him safe from my crazy family. Sirius was finally free and living with me and Harry and Masie. Our family was finally complete and Voldemort could do nothing to keep them away from me anymore.

Until that night, I had sent harry back to school hoping that the headmaster had stepped up to the task of protecting all of his students and keeping them safe. I decided that after that night that nobody was every safe from the world that is around us.