Room of Horror

Waking up after an emotional night is hard especially when you have been crying as much as I did. I pulled myself out of bed noticing that Masie was gone but I hoped that she was downstairs with Andy eating breakfast. As I entered the room there was a man sat next to my daughter. I drew my wand and pointed it at him as he did the same until Masie stood up and introduced him to me. "Mama, this is Ted, Andy's husband." He put his wand away quickly after she had said Mama and I did the same. I introduced myself to him as I took some breakfast to eat. I didn't speak much for the rest of the morning until I needed to apparate to headquarters for the order meeting. I brought Masie with me as we went along with our belongings as I was planning on returning to the house in France after the meeting had ended. I sent her upstairs before the meeting started so she could help clean with the others while I had to attend the meeting. Sirius made eye contact with as I entered making everyone turn to stare as I was the last one to appear. I mumbled sort of apology about being late and stood behind Sirius. He touched my hand to check that I was okay I squeezed it in return making it impossible for him to argue with me as the meeting started.

The meeting ended and the invitation for food was given I tried to decline but Sirius made me stayed seated so Masie could eat. He started to question where I was going to go but I refused to answer as I carried on studying the table not making eye contact with any of them. He suddenly stood up and grabbed my shoulders and spoke in a very deadly tone "You will be staying here Cassiopeia." He used force to make me stay, I closed my eyes and nodded trying not to make any form of noise against this. During the meal I got out a piece of parchment and ink and started to write a letter to my husband.

Dear Max,

How are you? Please tell me that you are okay. I'm not but that doesn't matter when am I ever okay. I had an argument with that Weasley women last night causing me to leave I got so angry that I threatened her. I know I shouldn't as them days are over and we are all of the same SIDE. I hope that you can come to me soon as I am really missing you. I am going to enclose a letter from Masie. Please reply Max.

Love Cass xx

The scratching of my quill against the parchment had made everyone stop as they saw the words that were etched onto the page. The letter was in French stopping them from reading it as they were all really nosy. Sirius commented on my hand writing and about how it is beautiful it was. I handed the quill and another piece of parchment over to my daughter letting her write her own letter to her father. Afterwards all the children were sent with Molly to continue cleaning, I started to draw onto the paper when I heard a shout for us to come upstairs. All of the adults that were in the room stood up quickly and rushed up the stairs towards the open door. The door to the studio, I hadn't been in here for years. They were all standing the middle looking around the walls that were covered in photographs from our training as children. Me and Sirius stood there in the door way looking at the same point on the floor which had a huge stain on the wooden floor. He quickly turned out of the room and we all heard the door slam of his bedroom door a floor above. I heard things being thrown and the banging above our heads. The others looked at the floor and saw the stain and gasped. Molly Weasley looked at me and whispered "Blood." Even though it was a whisper everyone still heard it. I left the room in a moment of panic and went to find my brother who was destroying himself with the memories of the night that he left.

I hugged him tightly letting him cry against me as he remembered the feeling of the curse being thrown at him over and over again. We had told nobody about the night he had left me along in this crazy house. Nobody in the order knew why he had really left the family but they knew it had to be bad seeing as we were both constantly on edge in this house. I felt the pain of him as he started to scream about the unfairness of it all. After an hour of painful screaming he calmed down enough to attend the evening meeting. We both walked slowly down the stairs passed the open studio door and down the next flight until we were in the kitchen. Memories flooded my mind causing me to screw my eyes closed as I remembered the screaming that had echoed in this room as they beat him senseless right here. I pushed them away and ignored the looks of concern that were being thrown my way as I sat right next to my brother holding his hand loosely.

The meeting went by quickly but to me it didn't matter as I wasn't listening anyway due to being lost in the memories of this place. The ones that I had tried to forget over the years. My mind going crazy from the things I had tried to repress. After it had finished I stood up and walked over to the kitchen space and took out a cup to make myself some tea which is when I saw the mug. My mug, I had painted it myself and had made sure that my mother had approved it before I could use it. I used it for my hot chocolate while dinner was being cooked. Sirius snorted at the choice of my cup but frowned at smash lines all over it. At his questioning glance I sighed. "I was using it that night, after you left they turned to me apparently your 8-year-old daughter is the next target." The casual way I said that shocked all as Sirius agreed with me. Turns out the order hadn't actually left yet and they stopped what they were doing to make Sirius and I explain what happened. I waved them off saying that it didn't matter and we both refused to talk about what had happened.

That night I was sitting on Sirius's bed when Remus came in forcing us to explain what had happened in this house to cause Sirius to leave home. I started to explain everything, that we were dancing even though we had a huge height difference Mother had allowed us to dance together. Father hadn't causing him to beat Sirius on the floor of the studio leaving the blood stain. As Sirius started to leave the house mother and father then beat him in the kitchen. Sirius left me in the house by myself and they turned to me. I shrugged my shoulders at the end showing that it was no big deal. Remus then said that Child abuse is a big deal. In my mind it wasn't that but after a while it made sense to me that it was big deal. I closed my eyes and decided to retire for the night.