The Argument

It's quite strange sitting with your brother's enemy smoking a cigarette in silence but here I was doing exactly that. I knew inside myself that this house would forever be a house of arguments and shouting and would never be a house of peace. I had excepted the fate of this family and my house but I never believed that every day would be this terrible and that all we would do was argue and fight. I sighed deeply startling Snape who was sat beside me with his eyes closed, the air was cool and you could see the breath of us both. My body was starting to shake and my fingers had become numb a while ago but I didn't care. "I never thought that you Miss Black would be the one who ever smoke this disgusting muggle habit." His voice held a sneer but I knew that he was smiling inside. I kept my eyes closed as I forced myself to reply. "Well you'd be surprised at some of the things that I'd do." Opening my eyes slowly I looked at his face which was half hidden by the long hair on his head. The silence once again bathed over us like a blanket. Suddenly the inside of the house turned completely silent leaving the only noise to be a door slamming in the distance. I stood up finishing the cigarette the only remains of the dead I had just done was the smoke leaving my lungs and leaving my body. We both entered the house inside the downstairs kitchen which was used rarely when I was younger mainly by the many house elves that my parents had owned. This house was truly magical as the basement area held many dark objects that to the naked eye seemed harmless but to the Black family was extremely dangerous. With a flick of my wand the entire room lit up showing the hallway which was covered in portraits that were forgotten.

I walked up the stairs and re-entered the street level flooring and back to the order meeting which was supposed to be underway. In the kitchen sat my brother and the professors of Hogwarts. The rest of the kitchen was completely empty, none of the children were to be scene including the Weasley family. My brother had his head rested on the table, his face completely covered with my husband standing behind him holding his shoulders carefully as if at any moment he could snap. On the other side sat Remus Lupin who had his hands clasp together and was staring straight ahead breathing deeply and silently. The atmosphere was tense as Minerva and Dumbledore stood in the corner obviously waiting for Severus and I to return to the room. I cleared my throat gaining the rooms attention, they turned towards me as Max walked swiftly towards me grabbing me into his arms. Confusion showed on my face as I looked into his eyes seeing everything that he could. Severus moved away from me leaving me to deal with this by myself. "You smell of smoke." He declared softly into my hair, taking in the scent of me to calm himself down. Pulling away from his body and turned towards my big brother who was so broken that I was surprised that he wasn't shattering into a million pieces. I finally took in his appearance seeing the blood that engulfed his knuckles and the blood all over his sleeves. I looked at Remus who mouthed 'Molly.' That was the only confirmation that I needed as I pulled him into me letting him cry for what seemed like hours. My daughter wandered in and sat on her father's lap tear tracks on her face showing me that I had taken this to far now. If she was hurt, I needed to stop this and leave this awful place. The silence once again seemed to smoother my body until I realised enough was enough. I order my family to pack everything up as we were leaving here and going home. I whispered to Remus that he needed to pack up all of his and Sirius's things as they were coming with us back to France. As they went away I turned to the professors of Hogwarts.

"You can still use this god awful place as your Headquarters but I'm taking him out of here and shutting it up for good. None can use this as a permanent place to live without my permission. Understood." My voice was filled with anger as the headmaster agreed to my terms. I suddenly remembered the most important person in this was Harry and I needed him with me. "Also I'm taking Harry." I didn't let Dumbledore even interrupt me as I went to find the boy. The Weasley's had already left leaving Harry and Hermione sitting on the beds in the boy's room. I smiled softly instructing them to pack up everything that they needed as they were coming home with us before school. We flooed home that afternoon and into the house which had collected dust over the past few months as I had barely lived inside it. "Right Harry, you remember the room you stayed in before well that's yours Hermione your next door." They both nodded and left Masie dragging them towards the stairs. Turning to my other house guests who looked exhausted and broken. "Okay, Remus I am going to show you your room, Sirius you too." Climbing the stairs with Max holding the luggage we made it to Sirius's room and beside it at Remus's. Telling them that if they need anything just to ask I went straight into bed and slept.

I woke up to a scream, startling me and everyone else. It was around 4pm and I still felt shattered, dragging my body out of bed towards the source of the noise. The door of Sirius's room was thrown open as I saw him thrashing around on the bed with Remus holding him tightly hugging him as he stopped struggling. I smiled weakly and made my way down the stairs towards the sound of raised voices. In my kitchen stood Mrs Weasley arguing with Max about the welfare of Harry and me being a black. Harry smiled weakly at me as she started to order him around. "Harry, sit down." I ordered him quietly but loud enough that he heard me. Everyone turned towards me stunned at the use of my tone. "Are you Molly Weasley trying to claim that I, Lady Cassiopeia Felicity Churchill nee Black am not the most suitable candidate to look after my godchild. That I am unsuitable to care for anyone." The use of the words godchild stunned Harry as he hadn't heard this before. She stuttered for a little while unable to determine what to say. She finally forced out a jumble of words leaving my house for good.

Shaking my head smiling I grabbed some coffee and picked up the French newspaper. "My godmother." He looked at me carefully, scanning my face for any hint of a lie. "Yes," I said continuing to read the paper. "Why didn't you tell me." I closed my eyes and sighed. "Harry, me and your father were friends when I was very young." He frowned at me. "He didn't even tell me that I was your godmother until I requested a will reading in the summer." I drew a breath. "I didn't know how to tell you so I didn't." He stood up and launched himself into my arms. I felt the dampness of tears onto my neck as he cried into me. He cried himself to sleep in my arms. It had stunned Hermione. "He has never cried not in the last five years." She spoke softly and carefully as if he shouldn't be woken. The ones who were awake can down for dinner and we then all retreated to bed.

It was 3am when I woke up to a shout, it was pretty loud my eyes flew open. I heard a door bang open and the patter of feet along the landing. I jumped out of bed to find Harry's door open and Hermione holding him in her arms. He was awake and the tears were visible, when he saw me he got up and jumped into my arms. If the circumstances were different it would have been funny to see a fifteen-year-old boy being carried by a 115lbs women. I took him into our bedroom where Max was sat up extending the bed with magic. We used to do this for Masie when she was younger so we could still have a good night's sleep. I knew that he would be seriously embarrassed when he woke up in the morning but we would get to that when it happened. At around 8am I felt the bed dip lightly as if someone was leaving the room. Cracking open my arms I saw Max leaving, he was holding his go bag meaning that he was going undercover again. He saw that I was awake and kissed me gently muttering a goodbye. I fell back asleep, feeling the comfort of the bed and the warmth that was going through the house. At around half past nine the door to the room opened again causing me to wake up. Looking up at the figure I noticed that it was Sirius, he frowned at Harry's sleeping form but signalled to me about coming in to which I replied with an affirmative.

He sat with me for a while in silence until Harry started to move gently. We had both been watching him sleep for a while, I noticed that he looked younger when he slept. He also showed all of his emotions making it possible for everyone to know what he was thinking and feeling at that moment. I had switched on the TV at that moment as the rest of the house was silent except for Pixie moving around downstairs. I hadn't even noticed that his eyes had opened until I heard a slight gasp come from him as he noticed where he was. I noticed the panic on his face straight away as he tried to escape. I wrapped my arms around him not letting him go reassuring him that it was okay to be here. "Hey, look at me." I gently lifted his chin until it came in line with mine. "Don't panic everything will be okay." He relaxed slightly as me and Sirius hugged him tightly stopping him escaping. After a while I decided it was time to get up so we could eat breakfast. Getting out of bed and opening the others doors to see if they were awake or not, mostly they were wide awake and waiting for someone to go down before them. They followed me down getting ready for breakfast that Pixie had made.

We all sat in comfortable silence until I realised what the date was and that Masie must go back to school tomorrow and we hadn't done anything fun yet. I thought about what would be open today and I decided on taking the Cavalier Bus (The knight bus in France) and going to Paris for the day. It would be fun for everyone and we could go see the sights which I doubt that anyone had done. It would also give the kids a break from thinking about having to be the saviours of the world. "Right," I said standing up. "Everyone go dress casual-smart we are going to be tourists for the day. Also bring warm clothing." Confusion set in as Masie squealed. "Mum's day of fun." The confusion happened a bit more. She started to explain further. "Every year before we go back to school Mum makes it possible for me to have one more day of fun. A day for me just to be a kid without worrying about anything."

 I hope you all enjoy this new chapter. :)