The realization

I stared up at the lady who was stood in front of me waiting for me to give her an answer to her statement. I breathed in slowly and deeply and placed the black family mask onto my face causing her face to soften. Sirius must have used that mask so many times when he was staying at their home causing her to be able to see right through my image I was placing up. "It's nice to meet you ma'am, sir." I winced at the crack that happened in the middle of the sentence the tell tail sign that I had been crying recently. The woman instead of shaking my hand pulled me into a hug causing me to stiffen and flinch away from her touch. I hadn't meant to but sometimes I forget not everyone is like my crazy family.

Fortunately she ignored the flinch and carried on fussing over the rest of the boys while the father spoke to their parents. Sirius was in his element with a family that cared for the other children not left to starve when they were naughty or locked them in their rooms after an argument. These people seemed amazing. They truly loved having children around them. I felt a hand on my shoulder which made all the muscles in my body tense when I looked up Mr potter smiled down at my as we turned on the spot and we apparated to their home. I forgot how painful it could be and it always made be vomit a lot. Great first impression Cassie vomiting on their front lawn, awesome.

Mrs potter led me inside and told Sirius to take me upstairs to room that had been prepared for me then. I smiled weakly at the women as I passed and let my self be taken to bed. "Sirius?" I quietly spoke just as he was leaving. "Can you stay with me?" He turned and nodded at me and headed towards the bed. I got inside the bed and laid don staring at my brother calmly. The mask that had once ben present had fallen causing a great deal of pain to be felt from us both. I looked at him as he started to speak. "Cassie, thank you for giving them a chance, I promise you they are great people even after you get over the fact that our entire family despise them." He said in one giant breath. I grabbed his hand in reply and slowly fell asleep.

I awoke the next morning to a deadly loud snoring noise which startled me at first but when I saw my brother it all made sense. I got up and decided to get dressed, the only problem was what to wear. At school it was easy only uniform and the weekends I wore whatever Mandy told me to but here it was different. I decided on skinny high waist jeans with a white top and a black hoodie. On my feet I pulled on my white high top converse and I headed downstairs. There was a little noise coming from the kitchen area where I had ben told was where we would eat breakfast. As I entered I noticed the only two people who were awake was Mr and Mrs Potter.

The both looked up shocked by my awakening but I smiled politely and said "Sirius was snoring." Mrs potter smiled knowingly at the statement. "Yes dear, he has always done that." Her voice was very calm and collected. The way she spoke about him it was as though that she loved him greatly. I smiled politely at her and took a seat the furthest away from them. They both suddenly put down all that was in their hands and took to staring at me while I was eating my toast.

If anybody was looking in at that moment all they would have saw was a family eating breakfast but if you look a little closer you would have saw the subtle difference between the people that were seated together. After half an hour there was a large crash from upstairs followed by the sounds of movement and shouting. Mr Potter suddenly rose from his seat causing me to tense. When we were at home whenever their was a problem the men always dealt with them and the way that they were dealt with was never pleasant.  Mrs Potter must have noticed the change in atmosphere turning towards my shaking figure she quickly shouted her husband. He stopped everything he was doing and sat down waiting for the boys to appear.

After what felt like an entirety the boys came barrelling into the room but they stopped when they saw the panic stuck parents and myself sat as tense as I possibly could. Sirius looked between us and spoke slowly, "You alright Cassie?" I snapped out of my daze turning towards him and shook my head. The potters had snuck out of kitchen leaving us together.

I lent back in my chair with my eyes closed. "I thought it was going to happened again Siri." I spoke softly breaking the silence that had encased us. My eyes stayed closed as I felt him pull a chair closer to wear I was sat. "Cass, the Potters they are good people honest." I opened my eyes giving him a blank look. "They would never hurt me or you for that matter." I sighed in defeat and let myself be pulled into a hug from him. Everyone returned for breakfast which turned into an awkward affair until I broke the silence. "Sorry." That made the family turn towards me as I sat their. "Oh honey, there is nothing to be sorry for." The voice pulled me into a hug. One that was long over due. One that was from a mother.

After breakfast I took to exploring the grounds as the boys went and did secretive things. I suddenly understood the point of a family. They were supposed to care for you without any sort of doubt. Sirius had found himself a family. These people wanted him for him not for anything that my mother had created.  They loved him.