Finding my Family

*Time Skip* 6 months later.

Learning at the school of Beauxbatons has been amazing and I have made a few friends over the period of time, my best friend is Max. Me and him have become partners in crime and are never seen without one another. Me and Amanda write every single day, this summer I am going to stay with Max's family who live in France, Amanda is coming to visit so I can finally see her again. I need someone who understands what has happened to me over time. It has been the best thing every not having to speak about my family or being known as the girl who is part of the Black family. All I need is my big brother though, he didn't reply to my letter the first time nor the second. I have sent thousands of letters over the last 6 months and he hasn't replied to a single one. I think some of the girls are finally starting the notice that I am getting sadder as the year moves along. I can feel it myself, the pain that is inside me as time goes on is aching to be with him.

Spending time with max has been healing this ache and slowly the pain of losing my family is all but gone. I know that the feeling will return in a few months but eventually will disappear over time. I thought that he loved me very much and never wanted to let me go but somehow family has meant nothing to him.

I have packed up all of my belongings and moved them towards the door to make sure that I don't forget anything. I am looking forward to the time I will be spending with his family and seeing Mandy again. I was making sure that everything was packed away when I heard the door open. "Cass, you ready?" The rumbled tone of Max made me turn to smile at him. I glided towards him in my denim skirt and flowy top. I had made sure that everything went together perfectly as I meet his parents. I pulled on my leather jacket which I had stolen off my brothers many years ago before he had left home. "There down there in reception, waiting for us to be ready." I smiled politely at him hoping that they will like me as much as I like their son.

Walking down the stairs towards the reception area was the worst experience of my life, all I have ever wanted was to be accepted and hopefully I will by this family. Max suddenly grabbed my hand and dragged me towards a couple who were standing their waiting. The woman was wearing a cocktail dress that was black and a white cloak over the top. She was quiet tall with long dark hair and had a glint in her eye she was holding her husband's hand. He was wearing a black suit with a dark green cloak with a top hat on. They both smiled brightly at me as we walked in their direction. "Hi honey, you must be Cassie, Max has told us so much about you!" She exclaimed in such a rush I struggled to catch up. I sneaked a glance at Max who was blushing a vibrant red as that was mentioned. I returned the smile and confirmed that I was indeed the Cassie she had heard all about. I knew as soon as I had spent a small amount of time with them that I was going to love staying with them this summer.

We left the halls and towards a room which was filled with fire ready for flu powder to take the user to their destination. I grimaced at the flu powder as I hated that method of travel but I was willing to suck it up for that time only. The women whose name I learnt was Marley took my hand gently and lead me into a side along travel in flu. I wasn't exactly experienced with it anyway because my family were big pure blood extremists and loved to brag about the money and power they had meaning that flu was dangerous for us. The man whose name is Harold took max into a separate area and they disappeared from my view as I sucked into a tube like feeling. I had arrived in a mansion type house with high ceilings and a spiral staircase. It was everything I had ever wanted to a house and nothing like my childhood home.

I was shown to my room by a house elf who was bounding up the stairs with me following at a slightly normal speed. "Come along, Miss Black" I smiled weakly at the name reminding me why I was really here. I was taken to a room with a large king size bed with red drapes surrounding the bed. In front of the bed was a built in wardrobe. On one side of the room was a full size desk with a dressing table on the other side was a large desk equipped with all the piece of stationary a girl could want. The dressing table also had a load of girly products on including make-up, hair products everything you could ever want. I noticed a door on the other side when opened it led to another room. "That's going to me Mandy's room when she stays it always is." The voice made me jump but as I turned I saw it was Marley Max's mom. "I love the room." I said to her in hopes she would take my gratitude. She smiled at me and sat down on the bed that I was to be staying in. "So Cassie, tell me about yourself." I then launched into the story of me and my family leaving out all of the less important parts such as my families involvement with Voldemort and the whole situation with my brothers and my cousins being death eaters.

Marley left me alone after a while leaving me to unpack by myself. I had turned on a song which made me dance around the room reminding me of the days at Christmas with my brother and the potters when they caught me dancing for the first time. I was more careful this time but soon I lost myself in the music and danced around making a fool of myself as usual. I heard someone come in my room as I turned to look it was Max I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the dance too. Soon we were both dancing around like crazy people resulting in laughter erupting from us. We had been so caught up in our dancing that we hadn't heard the clatter of people coming into the room but we soon noticed as we heard someone exclaim "Hey, you can't start the fun without me." I suddenly saw Amanda standing there causing me to untangle myself from Max and pull her into the biggest hug ever but Max joined us causing us to fall to the floor in a big heap. That caused more laughter to start as the music carried on playing in the background.

We were called for dinner after the laughter had stopped, I jumped up first pulling them along with me. We thundered down the stairs towards the smell of the food, we clambered into the kitchen and took our spaces accordingly. I was seated between Mandy and Max, I had only been here an hour before I seriously knew that these people were my family and that wouldn't change.

k