Chapter Two - First Impressions

Bruce's POV~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

        "What exactly does a bar have to do with the mission?" Steve asks, getting out of the van and looking up at the place. It had a big sign on the front proclaiming that it was the Thorn Bar and Club.

        "Well, the bar is owned by my friend, and it coincidentally was right behind where Mrs. Dissapear had been fighting Chitari." Tony says.

        "Okay, why did we need these?" I ask, holding up the two shopping bags that Tony had given me. He had wordlessly walked into the mall, dissapeared for fifteen minuets, then walked back out, just handing me the bags. Tony grimaces.

        "Because I know how mad she is going to be." I raise my eyebrow and exchange a confused look with the others as we walk up to the door. I can hear soft music playing from inside and someone singing. Tony knocks.

        The music stops, and I can hear loud footsteps and angry muttering coming from inside. The blinds on the window in the door are flung wide open, and a long haired redhead glares at us while holding a handgun in one hand. "I said we're closed!" she exclaims, half yelling. then she catches sight of Tony. She quickly tucks the gun in her back pocket and the sound of a few locks clicking reach our ears. the door is flung wide open. "Anthony Edward Stark." She hisses. I see tony's eyes widen and he gulps.

        She suddenly lunges forward, slapping him across the face, startling the rest of us. Tony stumbles back, obviously knowing that that had been coming. "I deserved that." He mutters, putting a hand up to the cheek that was already turning red.

        "What the heck is wrong with you?!" she exclaims.

        "Rose, can I-"

        "No. You do not get to speak. I am." The woman, Rose, exclaims. "You vanish for three days. Not  even Pepper would tell me where you had gone! And then suddenly I get a call from you telling me to get out of the city because aliens are going to attack. Did you seriously think I was going to believe that?!" She is making Tony back up as she advances angrily. "And next time you decide to go all suicidal, you tell me. I'll throw you into a portal into deep space MYSELF!"

        In complete honesty, this is the most scared I think any of us have ever seen him. "I-uh...." He stammers. He takes a deep breath and sighs. "I'm sorry Rose." Everyone is taken aback but her. I don't think any of us have heard him use actual manners before.

        "And?" She asks cockily, rasing an eyebrow and crossing her arms over her chest.

        "I won't do it again." He mutters. she gets a smug expression on her face and spins on her heel, walking right back into the bar, leaving the door open. We all turn to Tony, who straightens up. "Well that went better than I expected." He says before following Rose into the bar. The rest of us exchange a glance before following. Who was this girl?

Rose's POV~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

        "I'm still mad at you, you know." I say as I hear Tony sit down.

        "Yeah, yeah. I figured." he says. I hear his friends walk in and shut the door. "Thats why I got you an 'I'm sorry' gift." I turn around, and get a good look at his friends for the first time. As always, I scrape into the outer layer of their minds to make sure I'll get along with them.

        The redhead was Natasha Romanoff. Age, twenty five. Russian, assasin, had a strong desire to get the blood off of her hands by doing good. Was hard to be friends with until you got to know her.

        The blond standing next to her was Clint Barton, also twenty five. Master assasin, amazing shot, and an orphan. Has a good sense of humor, though he hasn't gotten a chance to show it around this lot yet.