Chapter Twelve - Revenge

"Guys, what took you so long to get back?" Pepper asks as the elevator opens.

        "Rose? I thought you were going home." Nat asks. They both looked like they were ready to go to bed, and Clint and Steve were nowhere to be seen. I storm into the room.

        "Ask these to blundering idiots. Well, actually, it doesn't matter what you ask them. They'll do what they want. Doesn't matter if you don't want to do it or want them to do it." Pepper and Nat both look startled. " They don't care as long as they get their way."

        "Rose, I'm sorry but it's for your own go-"

        "No!" I exclaim, cutting Tony off. "You have no idea what's good for me! I moved out years ago! Why can't you just let me live my own life? Make my own decisions? You are not my guardian anymore, and you have absolutely no right to just make me do what you want!"

        "What is going on in here?" I turn and see Steve and Clint walk in.

        "You know what? They can explain what they did. Good night. I'm done." I say harshly. I push past both of them, making my way to the stairwell on the other side of this floor.

        "Rose, wait-" Tony starts, but I slam the kitchen door behind me as hard as I could, rattling the door in the frame.

Bruce's POV~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

        "Tony, what did you do?" Pepper whirls around on Tony. I watch the door as it shakes in the frame.

        "Hey, it wasn't just me!" He says, holding his hands up in defense. "She's mad at Brucey here too!" Pepper turns and glares at me.

        "It wasn't my idea, and Tony made it much worse." I say in my defense.

        "Yes, but you agreed." Tony says.

        "And you made it worse!" I say. "I didn't agree to both of your conditions. At least she knew that."

        "You know," Nat says, getting our attention. "None of this arguing is getting us anywhere. We still don't know why she is so ticked at you two. Now spill." Tony glances at Pepper nervously, and I realize  that we are about to have another angry woman on our hands.

        Tony starts to explain all that happened until we had gotten to  the agreement at the hospital. "You what?" Pepper half screams. Tony takes a step back. "Tony, you know how much that place means to her!"

        "Yes, but I would rather not just let my goddaughter die because she lives in a crappy apartment, when I could get her out of there!"

        "She wasn't going to die just because she lived there! Besides, she was probably the safest person in that building with Molly there!" Pepper yells. "Tony, you just don't understand."

        "What don't I understand Pepper?"

        "It wasn't that she loves that place, which she does, it was the fact that that place was her own. She got it without any help from you, or her parents money, or her friends. It was all her. She made the move here first, and started this all. On. Her. Own." Pepper says.

        "Pepper, she practically abandoned Malibu a few years ago to come here, who knows why, to come here. But Pepper, I promised her parents I would keep her safe. It was the last thing they asked me to do, and gosh darn it, I'm going to do it!" He yells. Pepper still looks upset, but less so. She turns to me.

        "Now, why is Rose ticked at you Bruce?" she asks.

        "Because I agreed with him." Her eyebrows wrinkle together.