Chapter Fourteen - Just Joking

"Miss Rose?" Jarvis speaks up, breaking me out of my train of thought. "Dr Banner has requested your presence in the lab." I debated with myself. I was still pretty ticked at all three of those guys, but on the other hand, this could be important.

        "Alright." I sigh. "Tell him I'll be there in a moment." I get up out of my bed, saving my progress on my laptop before making my way to the elevator. I purposely go slow, taking my time pressing the button on the elevator and walking much slower than normal. I finally get to the labs, and I waltz into Bruce's, stopping and covering my mouth to stifle laughter.

        Bruce was standing next to a ladder, staring at the ceiling in clear frustration. Nine tenths of the lab was still on the ceiling. A snicker slips through my fingers, getting Bruce's attention.

        "Nice set up you have here." I say, and he sighs. "I mean, not the way I would have a scientific lab set up. Makes it a little hard to work, but if this is how you like it..." He looks in my direction calmly. Man, he had this calm thing down, didn't he? But inside, I saw that he was starting to get ticked.

        "I can't seem to figure out the chemical makeup of the adhesive you used." He says, taking off his glasses. "It's extraordinarily complicated. I mean, I've figure out the makeup, just not the way to..." He sighs. "You know what I mean."

        "Thank you." I say. He looks at me, confused.

        "For what?" He asks.

        "Complementing my glue making skills." I say.

        "You made this?" He asks in surprise.

        "No need to sound so surprised..."  I say, slightly offended. He looks down, apologetic.

        "Sorry. Didn't mean it to come out like that."

        "Nah. Don't worry about it. No one expects the bartender to be an expert in three different types of chemistry, few areas of Literature, and know three languages, but hey. No biggie." His eyes widen slightly.

        "Really?"

        "No." I say with a laugh. "Not an expert. I've found that I'm very good at Chemistry, I read a lot, and I know a little Spanish, but that's about it. I was messing with you."

        "Oh." He says, a little deflated. "But still. Do you have something that can help me out here?" I walk over to were he is and look up at some upside down beakers.

        "I do, but I don't know whether I should give it to you or not." I say teasingly. "A part of me wants to see how long it will take for you to figure it out." He looks at me pleadingly.

        "Oh give the guy a break, Rose." Tony says as he enters the lab.

        "And why should I?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. "I honestly think it'd be funnier to see how long it takes Bruce to get everything down."

        "Yeah, it's so fun to make Bruce so frustrated he hulks out." He says sarcastically.

        "Pfft." I say, throwing an arm around Bruce's shoulders "I have faith in him." Bruce tenses and I take my arm from around him. "Besides, I could take the Hulk in a fight." Tony rolls his eyes.

        "You'd just annoy him so much that he'd let Bruce back out so he wouldn't have to deal with you." Tony says, and I hit his arm. "Hey!" He exclaims.

        "I'm not annoying!" I say, and he scoffs. "At least, not half as bad as you are."

        "Right." He says, drawing out the word.