Chapter Twenty Eight - Mind Reader

I walk out of the kitchen and into the living room where Tony. Bruce, and basically everyone else was. The look of horror on my face must have been pretty clear, because I got a few worried looks.

        "So how'd it go?" Tony asks smugly, knowing very well how it went.

        "If had two options," I say, "and they were go through that again, or get mauled by a bear, I would choose the bear."

        "It can't have been that bad." Clint says with disbelief.

        "It was equal parts hugging, crying, screaming, and hitting." I rub my arm. "I think my arm's gone numb, actually. Probably be bruised by tomorrow." I look up at Tony, who has a smirk on his face. "Also, she said that she would be having words with you tomorrow. She has a meeting right now, and I thought I'd give you time to run." His face goes pale, and I give a laugh. Nat and Clint suddenly stand, and I turn to them curiously.

        "Rose..." Nat says quietly. I freeze.

        "Okay, what did I do wrong now? I just got screamed at, so what the actual-"

        "We have to bring you to Fury on the Helicarrier." Clint says, showing no emotion. Inside, I could tell he wasn't the happiest on the timing, but I was slightly relieved.

        "What? No." Tony says, looking upset.

        "She just got back!" Bruce says in protest, making me smile slightly.

        "Is that it?" I ask. "Okay. Let's go. I just hope it's quick. I wanted to talk to my girls tonight." What I said makes everyone look at me in surprise. "What? I kinda know that if Fury tries to lock me up, these two," I point at Bruce and Tony, "probably won't let him. And.. I can probably get out of it, cause I don't really have to hide it anymore."

        "Well... let's go then. Fury said ASAP, but we didn't really want to interrupt." Clint says, and I nod in agreement.

        "Probably would have been hazardous to your health." I agree with a laugh. "Well let's get going, my favorite assassins. Better not keep the big bad man waiting." Nat and Clint look at me curiously before shrugging and heading for the elevator. I follow, and out of the corner of my eye I see Tony, Bruce, and Steve all get up to follow as well.

        "We're only supposed to bring her." Nat says. Tony gives her a look. "Your funeral." She says with a shrug. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

        "Holy crap." I mutter, looking around the giant floating ship. "This thing is freaking huge!" We're walking through what seems to be an endless maze of hallways to get to Fury, wherever he is. We stop outside of a door, and Tony nearly growls.

        "Are you serious? She isn't a criminal." He says, and Nat nods.