Just the Beginning

The picture is of the Greenie.

"It started just a small amount of time before the beginning of what we have come to call the dark days" said Newt before plunging into the tale.

Greenie's POV
I was in a cage, the cage was moving.
I didn't know my own name or what I looked like.
I didn't remember anything about my life, but I did know that I needed to get out of here. I will not be afraid, I will not sit here and do nothing I told myself. I will be ready. So I stood, and in the almost nonexistent light I moved boxes and barrels in spots where they wouldn't be in my way, into places where they would help me get out if I needed to and I grabbed supplies I might need. As I finished, all the things I had been distracting myself from, all of the emotions I was trying to hide, came crashing down on me for all the world feeling like it was actually a weight falling onto me. I started to hyperventilate as I slid down the wall onto my knees. Distantly I heard screaming. I listened, taking comfort in the sound because it meant I wasn't alone. Minutes passed, before I realized that I was the one screaming.

I was alone.

Desperate I started to scream louder, begging someone to help me, asking the emptyness if anyone was there but the only answer was the sounds that this cage made as it continued to rise, oblivious to the person within and the returning echo's. "Someone please help me" I screamed again and again for what felt like hours until my throat was dry and the loudest sound I could make was a whisper. "Please help me. Someone, anyone" I pleaded. Suddenly I got an overwhelming sense of that this was not the first time and that sense turned into a glimpse of my past. I tryed desperately to cling onto that memory but as hard as I tryed it still slipped through my fingers. I slid my knees up to my chest and sat there, in the corner, with the fear, the panic still flowing through my veins. "Panic will not help me get out of here" I said my voice sounded shaky and full of doubt. But I ignored it.

I stood, bracing my hands on the walls as I locked all emotion in cage, not unlike this one in the corner of my mind.
Suddenly the cage halted and the top opened.

Newts POV
When we opened The Box, the Greenie, was a girl and she was beautiful. As I stared she shifted, slowly moving, staring right back at me and then she ran at the side of the box using the crates at the sides, to throw herself out and in seconds she was running, just running. It was amazing. Her hair flew out behind her like a banner and the knife she had glittered in the sunlight. Ben went after her. She was running towards The Maze.

Greenie's POV
I ran at the opening in the walls, I heard someone chasing me but I didn't stop. I had followed some of the many twists and turns when I finally realized that I was in a maze. With that to occupy my thoughts I didn't see the person who had just come around the corner until I collided with him. He steadied himself and looked me over. "Impressed" I drawled in the most sarcastic voice I could manage. He raised his eyebrows and reached for my wrist then, he stopped. I had the knife that was in my hand at his throat.
"Don't touch me" I warned.
The person who had been chasing after me chose to show up just then and suprised, I hit him.

Minho's POV
As Ben came up behind her he made a big mistake he touched her. Her reaction, was to throw back an elbow. "Ow" he screeched "you broke my nose". Well it's now or never I thought and I introduced myself."Hey, my names Minho. I'm going to guess that you are the new Greenie, do you remember your name?" Her head snapped around and she regarded me with those cold gray eyes. "Yes in fact I do but, why should I tell it to you" she said with, a lot of sass if I do say so myself. She rolled her eyes and with that dropped to the ground. She twisted out of reach before she stood, smiling and ran.

Greenie's POV
I rembered my name I think happily as I run Katarina not a bad name. I was shocked out of my thoughts by footsteps.

They were seaching for me.

The ivy I thought. I turned and started climbing I got most of the way up before it wouldn't hold me then I used my knife to cut hand holds I moved from ivy to ivy, hole to hole with ease as if I did this everyday which I guess I might have.

As the day came to an end I heard a grinding noise so I finished the climb to the top of the walls in time to see everyone who had been searching this place, to try and find me run back into the field before the gap in which I had entered the maze closed, with a final sickening crash.

I was trapped here.

But it was just the beginning. There. Was. Still. Hope.

Minho's POV
"There was nothing else you could have done Mihno" Alby told me as I stood there staring at the wall. "You know it's true don't blame yourself" said Newt from nearby.

"Nobody, survives night in The Maze".