Giving Up

Fights happened everyday from then on, but I think that the worst part was we were arguing over the smallest things while we should be grieving George and Adam. This is when I am going to tell you about how I really got my limp.

I blamed myself for the fights because I belived that Adam and George's deaths were my fault I hadn't done anything to stop it. I could have gone after George when he ran into the maze I could have suggested that we put and animal down first to see if it was dangerous but I didn't and now they are dead. I thought that the glade would be better off without me. I was so deep in regret and self loathing that I didn't think about the good things only the negative ones. I didn't talk to anyone for fear they would try to stop me. I did what I thought was the only option at the time I climbed the up the ivy that is on the walls of the maze and once I was as high as I could get I let go. I gave up. I tryed to kill myself but my leg got caught in the ivy as I fell. So now I have a limp but at least I'm alive. Afterwards while I was at the medjacks I had a conversation with Kat it changed how I looked at everything that had happened. She told me that just because I didn't do anything it wasn't my fault. She pointed out that no one had done anything that could have stopped those things from happening. She said that just because I wasn't in control it didn't mean the glade would be better of without me. She pointed out that I had friends that cared about me, hasn't there been enough death already she said. But the thing she said that stood out most to me was about family, she told me that just because there were fights didn't mean that we weren't a family anymore, that peace is a fragile thing that it is always in need of repare and that sometimes it is easier to start over again than it is to keep fixing it. I have used the knowledge she gave to me that day many times since. As she told me all of this I could see the pain in her eyes. The pain she hid from us, so that she could help us to be strong by being strong herself. Her words inspired me and I have kept them close to my heart. Peace is not something you wish for its something you make and sometimes its something you give away. Remember that.

Hey peoples hope you liked it.

What is your favorite quote?
Mine is: Maybe it's true, maybe we don't know what we have until it's gone. But, maybe it's also true that we don't know what we are missing until we find it.

Comment, Vote, Follow.
Thanks for reading.
-M