Chapter Twenty-Six

Though the winter holiday was filled with family and relaxation, Lily was happy to board the Hogwarts Express come January. She wanted to get back to Hogwarts where she felt at home, and she wanted to inform her friends about the new revelations about the revolution. She had things to learn and mysteries to solve. Lily Potter was busier than an average twelve year old in the Wizarding World.

"Are you sure that you have everything?" her mother asked as Lily and her brothers prepared to board the train back to Hogwarts.

"I'm positive, mum," Lily said, nodding. "I triple checked before I left the house, and you can just send anything that the boys forgot. I guarantee that there will be something that they forgot."

"I did not forget anything," James said.

"I resent that statement," Al said, always seemingly ready to back up his older brother.

"If you resent it much longer, you'll miss your train," Lily's father said, gesturing to the clock on the wall of Platform 9¾. "It's almost eleven."

"We will see you three for Easter," their mother said, bending down to kiss each of the children. Lily took it happily while her brothers complained of being too old for motherly affection.

"Until Easter, then," their father said, giving hugs to the three Potter children.

The scarlet engine let out a loud whistle, alerting the young wizards and witches that it was time to board for the second half of the schoolyear.

Saying a final, quick goodbye to her parents, Lily followed behind her brothers to the train. After James and Al helped her get her heavy trunk onto the train, the three Potter siblings went their separate ways, each in search of their own friends.

"Lily Potter!" a voice sang out.

Hearing her name in a familiar tone, Lily turned around and smiled at the sight of Cassie Baldwin. Before Lily could greet her friend, Cassie had engulfed her in a hug.

"I missed you!" Cassie said.

"Cassie, it hasn't been that long," Lily said, pulling out of the hug with a laugh. "I just saw you on Christmas Eve."

"I know, but my holiday was super boring," Cassie said. "I spent the entire holiday with my mum's side of the family. I love them, but you know, they're Muggles. No magic allowed, unfortunately."

"Do they know that you and your dad are wizards?" Lily asked as the two friends began to walk.

"Only my mum; my dad isn't allowed to tell the rest of her family," Cassie said. "Anyway, have you seen anyone else from the gang? I mean, I found you, but I haven't seen Nora, Eli, Hugo, or Rudy."

Lily shook her head, "We usually meet up with Hugo and his family and the rest of the Weasleys before getting on the train, but we were running late because James decided to take forever in the bathroom this morning."

"Why?" Cassie asked with a laugh. "I didn't think James would be full of himself."

"He's trying to impress Olivia," Lily said, still annoyed with her brother's shenanigans. "Apparently, they had some sort of falling out before Christmas, and he's trying to win her back."

"Ah, young love," Cassie said, rolling her eyes.

"I know," Lily said. "The whole thing between those two is ridiculous."

The two girls continued their chat as they walked through the train, dragging their trunks behind them. Cassie was the first to spot the remainder of the group.