1

Brantley's POV:

I had just finished my show and went backstage when I felt my phone ring in my pocket. I smiled when I saw who was calling. "Hey there blue eyes, what's going on darlin?" I rumbled into the phone with a grin. "Hey yourself outlaw. Not a whole bunch. Just wanted to say hi..." My best friend, Julianne giggled into the phone. "Bull shit little girl. You never call just to say hi. Spill it." I chuckled. She sighed dramatically. "Well..." She started. "Out with it." I laughed. "You still seeing that ol girl?" She rushed out quickly. "Nope. I'm as single as a man can get. Why do you ask?" I grinned. I knew where this was going. Jules and I had been friends with benefits on and off for a while now. "Well I was wondering... If you were still in Nashville... Or if you had some free time, maybe... Umm.." She trailed off shyly. "What's got you all twisted girl?" I rumbled. She moaned into the phone. "Braantleeeyy.... Don't make me beg." She pouted. "But you know I like it best when you do. Ask for what you want." I growled. She purred into the phone. "Please B, I need you. It's really bad..." She whined. "I'll be there in 20." I chuckled darkly and hung up to grab a quick shower and haul ass to Jules.

When I got to Jules's house, she was standing at the front door, talking to a FedEx guy. As I walked up, I could see he was flirting with her, and she didn't look happy about it. The kid was persistent, I'll give him that much. "Come on, just let me get your number. One date." He insisted. "I told you, I'm not interested." She groaned. "Why not?" He huffed. I walked up then, and wrapped my hand around Julianne's throat, staking my claim as I kissed her soundly. She melted into my touch as she always did, and dug her little fingers into my leather jacket. "That's fuckin why not." I growled at the kid. "Oh shit.." He scrambled back to his van and left. "Did I ever tell you that you have impeccable timing?" Jules grinned up at me, her cheeks flushed and lips swollen.