4

Julianne's POV:

One week later...

"Excuse me? Run that by me one more time. I could've sworn you just said you didn't want to see me anymore.." Brantley growled into the phone. I was being a coward. I called him to tell him, because I knew if I told him in person, my resolve would break. "That's exactly what I said." I tried not to let him hear me sniffle. "Jules what the hell?! What do you mean?" He exploded. I nearly sobbed. My soul felt like it was being ripped from my body. "I mean, I can't do this anymore. The booty calls, the late night visits, it's not enough. I just... I can't keep going like this Brantley." I cried earnestly then. "No, baby don't. Just.. Tell me how to fix it. Tell me what you need. Anything." He was nearly desperate. "I need more. I need something real. A relationship. I can't do casual. I thought I could. But I just can't." I bit back more tears. "That's it?! That's what this is about? I'm all in blue eyes. All you had to do was say something." He said softly. I shook my head. "No. You're not the settling down type. I know that. I'd never ask you to change who you are Outlaw. I just... I can't be around you right now. I need to move on." I started crying again. Brantley growled. "Jules! Baby no, don't say that. Please-" I cut him off. "Good bye Brantley." I hung up the phone as he tried to object. I dropped to the floor where I stood, sobbing and clutching my chest, praying that the pain would stop. I would get through this, I had to. What other choice did I have? I turned my phone off with shakey fingers, silencing all of the calls and texts that Brantley was sure to make, and curled up into a ball.