5

The next morning Emma awoke not remembering the dream she'd had and stretched with a loud groan before getting ready for the day with the other girls. Just like yesterday, they had more O.W.L talks in the classes they hadn't had yet until today, and Emma even had to introduce herself properly to the teachers she hadn't met. For example, this morning she had Double Charms, and Professor Flitwick asked her to tell the class about herself - which was embarrassing because for a few minutes she'd forgotten who she was. But after that for period three, she had Transfiguration, and, luckily, Professor McGonagall acted as though she'd been in her class since first-year which she was grateful for.

And then was Herbology, something Emma wasn't a fan of. It was utterly boring. She didn't care about plants, whatsoever. It was hard not to zone out, even when it was a necessity that she paid attention since it was O.W.L year. Care of Magical Creatures, the last lesson of the day, was the only fun class she'd been to so far. Apparently the usual teacher, Professor Hagrid, was absent, so this new teacher Professor Grubbly-plank was taking over for him.

Emma gasped loudly. This lesson was all about unicorns. she'd seen many magical creatures before, but not a unicorn, and who doesn't like unicorns? All Emma wanted to see now was a dragon. she'd only seen them in the newspaper for the Triwizard Tournament last year.

Pansy was the first to drift over toward the unicorn, along with numerous others. The boys could only observe the unicorns, as apparently the unicorns preferred girls over boys. Whilst watching the girls pet the baby unicorns, Draco and a few other boys decided to taunt Harry and his friends. Emma only rolled her eyes and wandered over toward the unicorns, too, and carefully touched it's white coat, moving her hand all the way up to his horn. It felt similar to a wand, only stronger and more powerful, even though a unicorns horn probably couldn't shoot out spells and such, but it seemed as though it gave the unicorns it's own power.

The day would have been completely OK, had what happened in the common room right after dinner never happened the moment Emma took off her robe. She walked over toward the armchairs with the other girls, her robe tucked under her arm, until the weight of her skirt had completely disappeared, and she screamed, bending over to press her robe against her bare bottom half. Angry, Emma sat down quickly with her robe still pressed on her thighs, and managed to pull her skirt back up.

"Sorry!" Blaise shouted as he darted up the dormitory stairs. "It had to be done!"

And the worst part of it all, everyone was looking at Emma as though she had a third eye.

"Stop looking, you nosey gits!" Sabrina snapped, shooing them off. She scoffed and sat on the armchair opposite Emma. "At least we warned you."

"Yeah," Emma whispered, embarrassed. "But I forgot."

Sabrina shrugged, smiling half-heartedly. "Everyone will forget by the morning. Blaise does it all the time to first-years, so no one will care, really. They're used to it by now. Any way -"

Sabrina stopped talking and leaned over to look at the portrait door the moment it burst open, and someone panting burst threw it. Emma frowned and looked over her shoulder to see Draco rushing over, looking as though he'd just run all around the Quidditch pitch.

"Did he..." he panted, "did he do it?"

"You mean Blaise?" Emma cocked my head to the side questioningly.

Draco stopped panting and simply smiled. "I'm going to kill him," he said calmly before bolting up the dormitory stairs.

Sabrina and Emma shared a confused look, and stared harder at each other as they focused on the commotion coming from above us - laughter, and what sounded like bed legs scraping along the floor, yelling along with more laughter, what sounded like trunks dropping, possibly books being thrown, and much more laughter.