16

Their simple game of Wizards Chess soon turned into bets and such, and it got quite determined as the two girls narrowed eyes at one another. Daphne scoffed glass after glass of firewhisky after each game - she'd scoff an entire bottle if she lost. Emma was sure the reason Daphne was losing against her was because her system contained way too much intoxication.

"Are you ready, Pansy?" Daphne spat, her eyes moving in and out of focus.

Emma sighed. "Yes, yes I'm ready."

A few bystanders watching the game laughed and paid close attention as the two girls moved their chess pieces. It got a bit boring after some time, and Emma was more focused on the music than she was on the game.

"What a lady, what a night," Emma sung, moving her head to the side to crack her neck.

Daphne soon managed to explain that she was not going to stop playing against Emma until she won, and this time Emma let her win. Daphne was soon dangling over Emma as she tried to walk the drunk girl up the dormitory steps up to the girls dormitory, and eventually succeeded after dropping Daphne several times.

"For all my hard work," Emma breathed loudly, she pulled Daphne's jumper off after tucking her in bed, "I think I deserve a little reward. Nice jumper."

"Mmmuurrgh," Daphne moaned, sinking further under her covers.

"Yeah, I agree. I do look great in this."

She raced down the stairs, slowing to a stop and swallowing hard as she scanned the room for Sabrina. Her eyebrows raised naturally at the sight of Sabrina on one of the tables, dancing seductively. Emma laughed loudly; the Head Girl was yelling at Sabrina for scarring first and second years who looked like they were enjoying this party very much.

"Freckles."

Emma stopped laughing and felt like rolling her eyes again. Would he ever leave her alone?

"What, Draco?" Emma asked irritably, turning to face him while sticking out her hip to let him know that she was close to walking away.

He was quiet for a moment, just staring at her. Emma took the time to rake her eyes over him. He was wearing a simple suit, but it wasn't too fancy as in wedding fancy. It was just right.

"Want to play Truth or Dare?"

"If you're just going to ruin my night, then no, Draco, I don't fancy a game of Truth or Dare."

"Ruin your night?" Draco grinned. "Now why would I want to do that? Besides, this is no ordinary Truth or Dare. Why else would the Head Girl ban people younger than us?"

Emma pondered this for a moment, but was able to come up with more negative than positive solutions as to why the Head Girl felt this way.

"Tell me," she said, allowing her hip to relax.

"We'll play two on two. Theodore and me versus you and Pansy. The rules are simple, Freckles. You only get to pass three Dares. Once you've used up all your passes, you'll automatically do your dare, kind of like the Imperius Curse, - legal of course - only the game won't let you do anything dangerous and lasts approximately thirty seconds. For a Truth you can easily fool us, there's nothing different with a Truth. Unless, of course, you'd prefer to take some Veritaserum."