19

The train ride back was very uncomfortable, that was an understatement. Harry didn't appear to be quite there, his face pale and sweating, his eyes absent and wide. He didn't once glance at Emma - he didn't look around at anybody. Emma felt quite bad for him; in just one day he'd learned he had a twin sister as well as the possibility of being possessed by Voldemort. 

"Are you OK, Harry, dear?" Mrs. Weasley leaned over to ask. 

Harry looked around outside the train window, and after stealing a swift glance at Emma, nodded eagerly. 

Nobody pestered him for the rest of the train ride. But during the ride back to Grimmauld Place it was far different from the ride to St. Mungo's. They were all excited and happy to see Mr. Weasley, and broad smiles had been on every bodies faces, happy chatter here and there. But the train ride back it was pin-drop dead silent from the children. Mrs. Weasley, Tonks, and Moody were the only ones who conversed here and there, but the children were pale and quiet. 

When they reached Grimmauld Place, Emma couldn't help but feel relieved, even though there were many thoughts racing through her mind. There were many questions she wanted to ask. There so many reasons why...there was so much to be explained...Ginny had explained the previous night that Sirius Black was Harry's Godfather, and now that only meant he was most likely her Godfather too. 

Harry was the first to dash up to his room. Emma hesitated, wondering if it was really a good idea to go on up after him. 

Of course she ended up going after him.

"Harry?" she knocked quietly, hearing movement. 

She heard two voices, one that sounded like he was saying Dumbledore's name whilst the other was growing annoyed. After a minute of waiting, after things fell silent, Emma knocked again, calling out to Harry. She opened the door after hearing him mumble something. Harry was seated on his bed, his hands in his lap and his head lowered. 

"Harry?" she said cautiously, slowly moving toward him. She glanced up at an empty portrait above Harry's bed and assumed he must have been talking to someone. "Are you all right?" Harry looked up at her pointedly. "Right...dumb question..."

Emma sat beside him, and waited for him to say something. 

"I just...I want to be alone for a little while..." Harry mumbled, his thumbs anxiously fiddling with one another. "I need some time to think..."

"I understand," Emma said, eyeing him worriedly. Harry was quite still - a little too still for a human being - and he looked very disheartened. She didn't blame him of course; she probably looked about the same. "It's just, if Sirius is your Godfather, then he must be mine as well. And I think later on we should talk to him about...well...you know. About us. I know there are tons of questions you want to ask, because I have so many as well."

"I'm just confused," Harry sniffled, wiping his forehead. "Why did I have to be sent to the Dursley's while you got this whole nice family?"

"It wasn't my choice," Emma frowned. "Who are the Dursley's?"

"Well, I regret to admit this, but they're our last blood-related family. There's our cousin Dudley, Aunt Petunia, and Uncle Vernon," Harry uttered, his eyes set fiercely. "You don't want to meet them."

"Hmm, yeah...I'll take your word for it. I really don't want to meet anyone named Dudley," Emma rolled her eyes, hoping to defuse the distressing situation. Harry chuckled half-heartedly. "I think perhaps our Aunt and Uncle were drunk when naming him."

"Yeah, probably," Harry smiled slightly, but he still stared at his lap.

 Emma suspected he still had his thoughts focused on being possessed by Voldemort, for she knew if Harry had even remembered or concentrated on, for that matter, the fact that they were siblings, he'd be bombarding her with questions, enthusiastically telling her things, demanding to know how her life's been and to learn more about the people she lived with.

"What are Mum and Dad's names?" Emma asked quietly, flushing. She was sure she was told their names when she first learnt about Harry and who he was, but that was a very long time ago.

Harry blinked and snapped out of his trance. He finally looked up at Emma, raising an eyebrow in shock. "You don't know Mum and Dad's names?"

Emma snorted. "Harry, I might be a fan of you and all, but I'm not that much of a fan. The only thing I knew about you before I met you, was why you were famous and that you attended Hogwarts. Oh, and the Triwizard Tournament."

After saying this, Emma wished she hadn't mentioned the Triwizard Tournament. Harry's eyes hardened and turned cold, and his head snapped away from her. Of course, Harry wouldn't have wanted to be reminded of the Triwizard Tournament...

"Lily and James," Harry mumbled. And then his eyebrows furrowed and he leaped for the floor under his bed, where he slid his trunk out from under it. "Hang on a minute..."

"What's wrong?" Emma said, kneeling beside him. 

After digging through his trunk and throwing his clothes everywhere, Harry was soon holding a scarlet coloured leather book, that looked a lot like a photo album. He flipped it open, and there was a picture of a red-headed woman and a man with jet black hair and glasses holding a baby boy...but just one baby...

"That's Mum and Dad?" Emma said in awe, her eyes raking every inch of her parents faces in hopes of remembering every flaw. Harry nodded. And then she remembered her strange dreams. This was the redhead in her dreams, and the glasses that appeared right before she woke up were her fathers glasses..."Makes sense..."

"It's weird, though, isn't it?" Harry said, jerking the book into Emma's hands while he shoved his trunk back under his bed. "You're not in this picture. You were never mentioned. Ever. There's no sign you ever even existed, if you're even my twin that is."

Emma stood beside Harry, still holding the opened photo album in her hands. "I can see it now - the resemblance. Plus, ever since I arrived at Hogwarts a couple people have told me I looked familiar...and I'm guessing...they maybe thought you and I looked similar but probably weren't thinking of it in a sibling manner. Even Snape avoids my eye. He hates you, and he probably recognised the resemblance and hates me too."

Harry's eyes widened slightly. "Or he knows. What if all the teachers know? Even Hagrid..."

Emma half wished she hadn't mentioned anything about Snape; she didn't want to turn Harry against any of his fellow teachers. Taking one last look at the photo of her parents and Harry, she closed the album and put it back in Harry's outstretched arms. 

"Just...let's go and talk to Sirius..."