15

"All right, so that makes thirty of us!" Sabrina cried happily, drawing hearts all over her parchment which contained the list of names for her party.

They were seated at the Slytherin table for lunch, listening to Sabrina talk of nothing but the party she was throwing. Emma ate quietly, listening to Sabrina, Pansy, Daphne, Astoria and Blaise argue quietly together, their heads huddled as though ready for a match to take each other on.

"What are you girls so afraid of, you need to learn to live!" Blaise tried keeping his voice low, but he was clearly angered as well as shocked at the negative attitude he was receiving from the two girls who were completely against Sabrina's party. "Count me in. Free food, free drinks, free music. Haven't had that for a whole year."

"You get free food and free drinks every day, Blaise," Pansy rolled her eyes. "And it's Christmas so the teachers will most likely be playing their carols."

"Oh, yeah..."

"Well, either way, the rest of the Slytherins are going to join anyway. What are they going to do on the night of the party? Hide in their dormitories while everyone else is having a great time? I don't think so," Sabrina said hastily, her nose in the air as she folded up her parchment and tucked it away. "I know you guys'll join, so keep going on about how terrible of an idea it is. Oh - here come the owls."

A few of the Slytherins had received a copy of the daily prophet, as well as half the other students from other Houses. Daphne and Astoria received a package and Emma received a letter signed off by her parents.

She ripped it open immediately, determined to find out whether or not it was OK for her to spend Christmas with the Weasley's.

"Dear Emma,

Our letters are being moderated for the time being, so be careful what you put in your letters. We don't want to say much for our private life is private for a reason, but we hope you're doing well.

As for the Weasleys, as long as it is all right with Molly and Arthur, write us back a day before the Holidays begin once you've made your decision or it's OK with the Weasley's for you to join them.

Love, Mum and Dad."

Well that was a bit rude of the Ministry to be prying about in other peoples letters and such. What reason did they have to be doing such a thing?

"Mother and Father have given us our presents early!" Astoria exclaimed, ripping open her package immediately. Daphne waited to see what her sister had received before she bothered examining her package. Astoria received an original camera and scowled immediately.

Daphne grinned and opened hers, and pulled out a clear ball that had red smoke inside. "Ooh - a remembrall!"

Astoria perked up immediately, jealously clear in her eyes. "You got a remembrall? I want a remembrall!"

"I'll trade you. I don't know what I'll do with this boring thing, anyway. That camera, however, looks tempting."

"Hey, Freckles," a voice said from beside Emma, and she felt a presence seat themselves beside her. She knew it was Draco, but ignored him nonetheless. "Ignoring me again...how typical."

"Hey, Draco, you're all for this party, aren't you?" Sabrina leaned over to see Draco, her expression hasty.

"Yes, I am. And once sweet Emma sees me she'll regret ever having ignored me."