Everything You've Missed (Per Mertesacker + Mesut Ozil)

even if it's vv vvvvvvv cliche at first i tried ok i haven't written in forever, biggest apologies to you both who requested a per mertesacker and mesut ozil one shot. i've been very busy lately and have lost the desire to write one shots tbh. even this one shot was started since july-ish and i've only gotten to finish it today. recently, i've turned to poetry and free style writing, but i do promise to continue writing one shots here and then.

i feel like these stories are kinda childish, and my writing has changed dramatically....and i don't know, i want to delete them but i want to keep the memories, y'know? 

____

"It is in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

You used to wonder why you never fell in love.

You used curl up in your half empty bed watching movies alone. You watched those romantic movies where a girl would be destined to find her charming prince, any girl in the world - from those floated in clover to those in patched up rags. A Cinderella could bring about sad tragedy to a happy ever after. Everyone in your movies seemed to have magic. Magic so enchanting, so innocent, it became such a luxuriant thing to obtain. It's purity flashed upon your eyes in flamboyant colors, but was never reachable. All of these people had reached the epitome of a fulfilled life; but for you, it deemed impossible.

Even as you stepped in the real world, everyone had already found their other half. Your friends had already found that missing link and per usual, you felt lonely and left out. You were consigned to one's oblivion, you drowned in their sea of happiness, leaving you in the pitch dark sadness at the bottom of the ocean. You were bygone in their rememberance; all trace of you in their minds were a little white blanks of no meaning.

Had you been acquainted to this land before, you would've been fairly capable standing against rash winds of the storms. However as strong as you were, you were repeatedly hit in your Achilles heel, like a flying plane unfortunately built with paper wheels. To erect a sturdy house was never easy, you knew, and you were physically prepared for that, but no one ever said it would be that hard, and you were emotionally unprepared for that.

So you dug yourself a deep hole of loneliness and stayed there and no one cared, not at all, because you never came to vision. You came to work everyday at nine in the morning and left at five like any normal person would, except no one knew of your presence, not to even mention your name. You ate a cold pack lunch from the cafeteria that was to be honest, flavorless, but it kept you past the days and besides, it never came to value to you at all then, enjoyment.

Your mother was the only one looking out for you, but she lived so far away that no matter how hard she tried to help you like she always had when you were a little girl, her assistance didn't change much of your dull life. Yes, she were capable of bringing a rare smile to your face, yet she wasn't capable of keeping it.

She became worried, day after day seeing you in your isolated world filled with nothingness. She urged you to speak out to others, to emerge and find a friend, and you tried, you really did. There was just no amount of success lying in your unluckiness.

At that time, you knew why you never fell in love; it was because you didn't know anyone nor anyone you. You left your girlish days and stopped the movies, all the dreams, all the fantasies - because they never became true. And you gave up your hope; that spark once aflame ended.

When all seemed lost and impossible, a candle lit up in the darkness; an opportunity for you to break free, but if you weren't quick, the candle would melt.