Birthday (Hector Bellerin, Calum Chambers)

Doesn’t your heart shatter into pieces when your special one forgets about you?

Even when they do it unintentionally?

Yep, Aline felt so too.

Teenage football sensation, Hector Bellerin aka her boyfriend, had forgotten her birthday, which was also their four year anniversary. But aren’t all footballers like that-talented, rich, but don’t give a damn about others?

He had been her childhood sweetheart during high school. He had been the class clown and star athlete-but he was her class clown and star athlete. But he had changed.

He would never bother to give her a second glance when he got home; he would spend his free time playing FIFA or watching a game of football. And that was just heartbreaking, because couples are supposed to spend time together.

Whatever was happening, Aline didn’t like it. She wanted the old Hector back, or they were dead over. Over. It wasn’t that she was possessive; she just wanted to see if her boyfriend even remembered of her existence.

Shaking her head, she sighed and walked to her car. It had been a rough and horrific day, one she needed to forget. Withal, she could celebrate her nineteenth birthday alone. Retarded, but it was better than sleeping it off and weeping.

Aline alone. Fate? Maybe.

“Él hizo posible lo imposible.” He made the impossible possible-which was to slam her heart and temper it cold. Ice or steel-your choice.

Aline drove to the nearest restaurant and stopped. She ordered a birthday cake to herself, as if she was celebrating with Hector. Too bad, it was perfect except he wasn’t there.

“Happy birthday, me. May you live happily ever after without..him.” she mumbled and blew out the candles.

“What are you doing here, Aline?” a deep voice asked behind her. Could it be?

Nope, it was Chambers.

“Eating. What do you think?” she answered.

“Happy nineteenth birthday!” he squealed.

“How did you know?” asked a puzzled Aline. “I’ve really never told you-”

“I knew myself, and the birthday cake says it all. So where’s Hector?” He really didn’t know, huh? Those words were daggers to her heart. The mention of him just reminded her of her forgetful boyfriend.

“He’s..not here. He’s busy.” spoke Aline in a soft, hushed voice. She did not want to bring the topic up or she’d be sobbing over misery and woe. She needed a moment where nothing could remind her of him, it was too much.