Sacrifice (Danny Welbeck)

quick note: this idea is all @The-bawss5 's idea, I just kind of made everything literal. typical me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

//Danny's POV//

I stared at the man figure in front of me. He looked so familiar, yet so peculiar. "Who is he, Madilyn?"

 Madilyn looked back at me with a confused look. "Danny, it's Alex. What happened?"

 Lately, I've been having strange symptoms, like confusement and short of breath. I think it's just the cold winter weather that's approaching London, nothing much to worry.

 Well, I had a hard time playing against Stoke two weeks ago; my stomach hurt an insane amount and my legs felt weak—something that's never before happened. Which is weird, I've never had health problems growing up, and I don't think I will.

 It'd be just a waste of money and then Arsenè, along with the reporters, would wonder why Danny Welbeck showed up at a hospital secretly instead of going to the club medics. The media would think that I'm trying to tell them Arsenal's doctors and nurses suck, but they aren't too bad.

 Madilyn did as I expected. "We need to get you to the doctor's! Your body has been acting weird lately; what if you've got the flu?"

 I shook my head objecting the idea. "No, I'm totally fine. Stronger than ever. Look, I'll even show you—ow!"

 My chest literally crumbled and my hands just felt like jelly. There was a pain starting and it just overtook my body.

 It hurt more than ever.

 More than the time I broke my leg.

 More than the time I had a concussion.

 What happened to me?

 "That's it!" screamed Madilyn in a worried voice. "We're taking you to the doctor's. Alex, will you give a hand?"

 Alex dials an emergency ambulance obediently, being the idiot he is. Doesn't he get it? The reason why I've avoided the hospital is because of rumors.

 Paparazzi making it worse.

 Before I can open my mouth to say something, everything is turns pitch-black...

 Oh no.

 //Third person narrative//

 Alex and Madilyn rushed Danny to the hospital for an urgent checkup. He had fainted right at the spot and was breathing irregularly.

 “You think he’s okay?” asked Madilyn in a worried tone. “His face is so pale.”

 Madilyn was on the verge of tears and a total mental breakdown. Danny was one of her closest friends growing up and they had a special, unique bond that was simply incomparable to the others. They weren’t involved romantically, and they most likely never will be, but they had always shared the mutual feeling of respect, just like siblings.

Alex was Danny’s teammate, so of course he was concerned about the striker’s health—but he concerned more for the striker’s best pal. She was so fragile, the slightest little bit broke her. And if Danny’s life was put into hazardous caution, Madilyn would probably be broken forever.