*Chapter 4* : Surprise surprise

"Riya?" he exclaimed and I was shocked that he got my name right even after one year.

"Yeah it's me, Arya. Fancy meeting you here after a year!" I said grinning.

He grinned back. "Wow this is amazing! What are you doing here?"

"Interning under this famous dentist's son..you know Mr Mahadevan? I am interning under his son.."

A weird look came over his face. His eyebrows scrunched together and his lips lifted up into an almost smirk.

"Okay then, I am really sorry but I have to go..patient waiting," he said and left.

I somehow didn't register what he said completely. Only the 'I have to go.' I was wondering why fate brought us so close again and then decided to take him away.

So anyways I ordered one of my favourite cold coffees Cafe Frappé and a double choco chip cookie. I munched on it while pondering over what happened in the past 10 mins. Meeting Arya after a year was incredible. But him having to leave so fast was sad. It was funny how the human mind decided to remember a person one met only briefly a year back but forgot the composition of zinc polycarboxylate when the test came around. The mind was a strange creation. And I had that thing to thank for the endless amount of dreams I had had of the brown eyed boy since I'd met him. The prospect of seeing him in the near future had never looked bright to me. But now I had. But sadly neither did I know why he had been here, nor did I know his phone number or address. How was I to find him again?

With this thought in mind, I paid the cashier, strode out of the shop, crossed the road and stood in front of the clinic staring at the entrance. After a minute I gathered myself and went in. I approached the receptionist there and told her that it was my first day interning. She said that Mr. Mahadevan was busy so I had to directly meet his son, who I was interning under. She pointed to the door I was supposed to go through.

As I entered, I prepared myself to act disciplined, polite and like an adult.
Before I looked up, I heard a very familiar voice say "Good evening Riya Krishnan...fancy meeting you here."