*Chapter 24*: Acceptance and Confusion

Riya's POV:

When I opened my eyes the next day morning, I found myself cuddled next to Arya on the mattress on my bedroom floor. I flushed immediately. I was glad that Arya hadn't woken up.
I recalled yesterday's events. After the kiss, we both had been really shy around each other. I had run into my room to sleep when Arya asked where he was supposed to. So I put a mattress on my floor and told him to sleep. Little did I know that I would wake up in the middle of the night to go and cuddle next to him.

I tried to get up, but Arya had a firm grip around my waist. I slowly tried to wriggle out of his hold when he stirred.
" Riyaaaaa," he called and I became a statue.

When I realized my parents could enter any moment, I slapped his hand and jumped up, running to the bathroom to finish my morning activities. I didn't even turn back to see if Arya had woken up, it was no concern for me at the moment.

Half an hour later, I was out. And was greeted with a sight of a sleepy Arya stretching his hands over his head. His muscles rippled beneath his shirt and his shirt rose just a tiny bit to expose a bit of his abdomen.
I knew it was pretty obvious to him that I was staring. But I didn't bother. I just walked out of the room.

" No good morning kiss also?" He called.

So demanding I swear.

I ran back in and pecked his cheek. "Good morning."
Then I ran back out before he could stop me.
I sat on my swing and immersed myself in my thoughts as it swayed up and down, waiting for Arya to come so we could go for breakfast together.

The things that had happened in the past few days had all felt like a dream. I never thought it would be so easy. I never thought that Arya would be so romantic. I never thought that the heroes in books could actually come alive.

So immersed in my thoughts, I didn't realize that a boy had occupied the seat next to me.

" Any reason you look so flushed Riya?" Desh asked, with a wink.

I blushed immediately. " Nothing."

" What happened last night?"

"Umm....." I said avoiding his gaze.

" Wait wait...you got your first kiss?"He asked.

Through my peripheral vision, I saw Arya entering the room.
He didn't realize and he continued.

" Omg you're so lucky Ri, he's so hot!"

I started chuckling.
Arya raised an eyebrow at me. Then he came and wrapped his arms around my shoulders from behind.

"What? You find me hot?" he asked Desh. Now it was Desh's turn to blush.

" Desh, seriously stop hitting on my boyfriend," I said confidently. " You have Rahul."

" What?" Arya exclaimed in astonishment. " What do you mean he has Rahul?"

" You're such a tubelight Arya," I said. " Desh is gay."

" And he likes Rahul. Oh. That explains it. The part where he so easily claimed you were his."

" Yeah I still feel like killing him for it," I said looking at him with mock anger. " It was what brought us into all this misunderstanding."

" Yeah," Arya agreed. "It was also what made me get drunk that day," he blurted.

I turned to him in shock. " What?"

" Yeah," he said sheepishly. " I already liked you a lot by then. And the thought of losing you to anybody made me angry and depressed. That drove me to do what I did. I feel ashamed thinking about it now though," he confessed.