*Chapter 22*: A 'Date' to remember?

Arya's Pov:

I called up Desh to inform him that I had arrived in Bangalore, as soon as I got off the plane. He told me that it was impossible for him to leave Riya's house presently to come pick me up as she would become suspicious. Anandith had already hinted at my arrival and so it was better if I went to her place by myself. So after Desh finished telling me where she lived, while I noted it down in my tiny notebook, I got into a cab and started my journey to her house.

On the way, I stopped at the florist to buy a bouquet of roses. It seemed like the most romantic thing I could think of, at the moment. I don't know what made me do it. I was known as a guy who had no clue about stuff related to romance in my college days. I hadn't ever fallen in love, this was my first time so it was all a new experience.

I wouldn't lie and say that I hadn't had a crush on anybody. Everybody had those sometime in their life. But I had never bothered to act on my feelings or think too much about it. Until now.

I was lost in my thoughts and didn't notice that we had reached until the driver spoke. I got down from the car, took my luggage and paid the cab man. Then I stood still, for a while, observing my surroundings.

Riya's bungalow looked beautiful from the outside. Her garden had sooo many varieties of flowers and the grass looked so inviting. The porch was lit up with a soft luminescence and the doorway mat said "Welcome"

As I walked further inside, a thought struck me. Would Riya be at home? Desh had forgotten to mention that.

I rang the doorbell hesitantly.

A boy, who seemed to be a few years older to Riya, opened the door with a dazzling, bright grin.

" You must be Arya?" He eyed the bouquet of roses in my hand thoughtfully.

I nodded my head. Then-

" Ohh...are you Anandith?"

" Yeah."

We both shook hands, then he smirked.

" No funny business here okay?"

I blushed.

" Whaaaaat?"

" Kidding bro. Chill. "

" Haha okay," I said with a nervous laugh. " Where's Riya?"

" Oohhh so eager are we?" He teased. " Didn't you have a long journey? You must be tired. First, go freshen up, then I will tell you. "

"Alright," I said with a sigh and he chuckled.

As Anandith showed me around, a boy suddenly came and clapped me on the shoulder from behind. I jumped, momentarily surprised, almost dropping the bouquet in my hand.

I turned around to see an impish pair of eyes staring at me.

" Aah Aryaaa..... We finally meet," Desh said with a grin, giving me his hand to shake.

" After all the drama," I said, with a smile of my own.

I thought I would hate the guy. I thought anybody who was close to Riya would be my competition. But I couldn't hate any person who had such a jovial personality. He just radiated happiness and his eyes were full of mischief.

" Where's Riya?" I asked for the second time that day. I chided myself for being so desperate. It's just that- I really missed those big brown eyes that crinkled when she laughed and those rosy cheeks that blushed just for me and those kissable lips...that I desperately wanted to touch.

I realized that someone was desperately trying to call my attention to something and I snapped out of my reverie.

" What?"