00.

PROLOGUE

{PAST}

Her lips quivered, not from fear and not from cold, but from the sudden electricity that ran through her veins making her lips part from each other. His brown orbs on her silenced every desire she once had for her life. And in that moment, time froze and her reality distorted. She could only focus on his stare, on his lips that silently lifted and formed a smile, but overall she could only think of him in a room full of people. She had never felt something like that before, Nicolette's world continued and reality once again pulled her back from her day dream.

{NOW}

"What do you think" Marcel echoed in the back of her head. Her eyes focused on Marcel and a faint sigh escaped her lips. She always did that, whenever she was in that stupid house she would do that.

He asked again and this time she focused hard on the subject they talked about earlier before she drifted into her day dream. It was not a day dream, it was a memory and even though she wished to stop reliving it, it was pointless as long as she stayed near the place she once called home.

"I believe Marcel that being a king does not requires to use a poor girl as your witchometer" her eyes caught his and a smile grew on his lips.

"You see, that's exactly why I like you by my side. You don't think it twice before telling me what an...." He was interrupted by one of his minions. "What?" He asked.

Nicolette hated business so she started walking away from them. Marcel noticed yet he continued to speak with his minion about the situation they just had in hands. Her eyes wandered the walls until her stare landed on a letter. It was the letter that sealed her destiny and her eternity. Her mind wandered off as she continued to stare at it.

{PAST}

Music filled Nicolette's ears and dancing people brushed her as she glanced at him. He looked down like he could not continue staring at her and she asked herself why would he stare away? Her friend clasped her hand around her and she laughed at their dancing. But her eyes continued to meet his and it made her smile even more. "I believe we'll be kicked out" one of her friends replied but she ignored all of them.

The dancing continued even though none of them could resist their feet. After a long dance they all gathered together beside the beverage table to refresh themselves from the heat of the dance floor. Nicolette's attention was elsewhere making her friends aware of how she searched the room desperately for something or perhaps someone.

"Are you looking for someone?" A voice behind her with a clear magnificent accent startled her, her friends blushed and when Nicolette turned around she met his eyes. A mischievous smile on his lips making her crimson cheeks turn bright red. Looking away in an attempt to hide her amusement she heard him chuckle making her look up at his smile.

"My Lord, I was just..." She did not know how to even start but thankfully he stopped her.

"Would you like to dance?" He asked as his hand waited for hers. Her heart beat increased and her thoughts raced like racing horses. The giggles of her friends echoed as her eyes darted from his to the hand waiting for her. She knew that if she accepted it her life would definitely go unexpected but she didn't care, her warm touch collapsed against his cold touch making her feel once again the same electricity she felt when they exchanged looks.