05.

MEMORY LANE

Revenge, it's so sweet and glorious. The taste of it it's addicting to the point  you can turn blind and not know when to stop. But Nicolette knew better and after all, they deserved her rage.

As Nicolette drove back flashbacks of her past life dragged her away from the road.

{PAST}

"Magic is everything, Letty" her mother smiled as she walked away from her, they were having a lesson about it. "You see, magic is everywhere. In this leaf, in that tree, in the grass, in me and in you" her mother turned to face her. "It's not something we can lose but that lives always within us" a soft smile grew on her mother's lips.

"But momma, what about the va..." Her mother interrupted her, he face full of disgust and anger.
"They are demons brought into this world by a witch that was weak" she despicably spoke about vampires. Nicolette's warm gaze made her mother walk toward her. "Those who turn into such creatures, should be burned and killed" she caressed Nicolette's face. "Remember, you have such a beautiful gift. Do not ever let anyone or anything take it away from you, Letty" her mother rose from the chair and walked away to attend some other witches. The lesson was over and she wanted to know more about such despicable creatures, but she was scared that they would turn her into one and she would lose such gift. 

Letty walked away toward her father who smiled as she slowly approached him. He was a warlock, Letty was supposed to be incredibly powerful in their legacy of witches. Her mother would merge with her eventually and she would be the leader of the coven. Her coven was called the Gemini coven. But there was one little problem, Letty couldn't do magic without channeling magic through something. She was considered a siphoner. She had to siphon magic out of things or people in order to practice it. 

"How are you my princess?" her father asked as he hopped her into his big arms. She looked at him and smiled at his compliment. He always called her princess and he was always there for her when her mother couldn't be around. 

"I am okay, I guess" she knew he would want to know why so she continued. "Daddy, why do I have to merge with Mommy?" she asked, looking into his blue hues. 

"We are looking for a new option to harvest power from. New Orleans is a source of power and we shall remain that way. We cannot lose our beloved ones just because one witch created the other side." her explained. "Which is why, either of you should not disappear in the process. I wouldn't like to lose any of you" he kissed her nose making her giggle. "Don't worry, daddy is working on something. I know you are scared about the process and the fact that you could..." he dropped it there smiling at her. "We are looking for a solution, kiddo" 

"I hope so, I don't want it to hurt" she cried. 

"Hey, hey..." he made her look at him. "It won't, because I promise you" he paused. "I won't allow you to merge"

{PRESENT}

Nicolette opened the door of her car and looked straight ahead to the building she park in front of. She had a mixture of emotions. She was determined but wavering at the same time. She opened her purse and took out of a secret pocket a key. She knew well what this meant, Nicolette knew what it would do and how she would have to manage it but she was concentrated on something, revenge. Nicolette slowly walked toward the building and opened the door carefully. Closing the door behind herself the petite walked into the living room where a crime scene had happened. Still the smell of old blood made her cringe at the scene she once walked into. Shaking the memories away she started searching every single place of Meg's office.