03.

QUEEN.

Her lips formed a gentle smile when she walked around the house freely, the minions that once Marcel only controlled were now controlled also by her. She never thought this part of her would surface, the thirst for power and control, it was never in her system but something woke it up. They saluted her as she gracefully walked toward her dinner room, she was going to meet Marcel there and she was thrilled about it. 

It has been months since she had taken control of everything, even over Marcel, she just needed to say a word and he was on his knees to serve her well. She didn't ever think she would be this kind of woman that wanted men at her feet. But life, actually love brought this part in her. Now, this new Nicolette was on top of everything and everyone. She was cold, she was fierce and fearless. She had a king but kings always served queens. Even if they take credit for it, the queen is always strategic and free to move around to kill those against their kingdom. And Nicolette was playing to win and kill those against her kingdom.

Her dress flew around as she made her way through the hallway, her heels echoing in the back and her flawless hair galloping around. She opened both doors to enter into the dinning room surprising Marcel talking with one of his minions. She raised an eyebrow as he asked Thierry to leave, she knew he was really into serving Marcel only and that worried her. Nicolette nodded at Thierry who nodded back at her as he exited the room. Marcel walked toward Nicolette smiling from ear to ear. She had to agree he had an amazing smile and it could drive crazy any woman. But since love killed her, that side also died with her. 

"What did Thierry want?" she ignored his compliments about how gorgeous she looked. Something was being cooked and she didn't like the fact that Marcel wouldn't tell her what it was. Her hands folded against her chest gave Marcel the impression that she wouldn't go with anything else than the truth or his truth. 

"He was informing me of certain werewolf around, but nothing else" he said grabbing her by her arms and kissing her lips gently. She looked at him for a couple of seconds. She wasn't buying this but she nodded to mask her emotions. "Shall we have dinner?" he asked her, she nodded and walked to sit on her chair. 

"So who is this werewolf?" she asked as she got served her food, she grabbed her fork and knife to cut down her meat. He swallowed some wine and smiled at her, he noticed and she knew he did because of his smile. 

"Her name is Hayley" he started as he grabbed his fork and knife to cut his meat too. He carefully examined Nicolette's feature as she ate her food. He was hiding something and she had to go to one of her minions to know what was happening around. "Also, I am going out tonight with the boys... would you like to join?" he asked making her cock her head to the side. 

"Marcel, when the king isn't around the queen always stays. Go, have fun! I actually am tired tonight and I would like to rest." She cleaned her with a napkin the corners of her lips. She continued eating her food and drinking some wine. "What do you think the girl, Hayley, wants in this town?" she asked looking up at Marcel. He was drinking some wine and he shrugged at her question. 

"No idea" he answered quickly as he finished up eating. Men, they didn't eat food, they swallow it. He got on his feet and walked toward her, he kissed the top of her head. "Nicolette, are you okay?" he asked her looking down at her. 

"Why do you ask?" she asked not sure of what he meant with his question even though some part of her knew where this was going. She stared into his eyes as she noticed how he debated to tell her or not why he asked such thing. 

"I feel you cold, distant and your attitude lately is scary" he breathed out like he was getting out of his shoulders a very heavy bag. Nicolette breathed in and held her breath for a while as she thought about her response. 

"Marcel, we have talked about this" she breathed out. Looking up she met his brown orbs that reminded her of chocolate. "I told you, I died when he left and this is what is left of me. Coldness and a thirst for power, for destruction and revenge. You agreed to be with me even in this conditions and I think I knew why, but it's not going to change the fact that I am no longer the girl you used to know." she took  her glass of wine. 

"I thought maybe my love would change you, that you would love me at least a little and that would make you happy" he looked down feeling tears coming into his eyes. "I love you" he said the word she feared most, because she knew she wouldn't be able to love him like she deserved to be loved. 

"Marcel, don't do this" she gasped for air. She looked into his eyes and sighed silently knowing she would have to be clear once again with him. "I do love you Marcel" she grabbed his hand. "I care for you, I would cry a river if something ever happened to you" she made him smile at that statement. "It's been only months so far since I decided to let go, I am not ready to open up to love and I don't think I'll ever be. But like you once told me, never say never. Of course it won't happen today but eventually, it could." she smiled softly. He nodded at her words and kissed her lips gently like he did earlier. 

"I hope you get to love me, because I know that that it's the only way you could get back to the girl you once were, so full of life and curiosity. I miss that Nicolette. But for now, don't get too into power because you know how it turns people" he reminded her of them and she hated when he did that. 

"We will not be them, we create a peaceful kingdom for our people and for Davina. They were ruthless and..." she dropped it there because she thought about Elijah and how he never was like his brother Niklaus. "We are not them" she finished her sentence with that statement. 

"I know" he smiled and walked away. Nicolette stared blankly at his departure. As soon as Marcel left to party with his friends she rushed toward her own loyal vampires. She was in her bedroom when Anna arrived. 

"What did you find?" she asked Anna, a vampire that was loyal to Nicolette and Nicolette only. "Who is this girl and what is Marcel hiding from me?" she asked looking at Anna worried it could be something that could hurt any of them. 

"There are rumors of someone so powerful looking for a witch that is trying to kill him" the girl whispered afraid someone would hear her. Nicolette frowned at her words, what witch in this town would dare to use magic to kill someone that wasn't even from here? "The girl was only part of the plan to drive him here"

"So he is a werewolf?" Nicolette asked trying to make any sense into the words Anna said. Her mind couldn't think clearly, why would Marcel hide that part and who this man was that could be a threat to them. 

"No" Anna shook her head abruptly and scared of her next statement. "He ain't wolf only..." And for some reason she knew what was coming and why Marcel hid this from her. "He is half-vampire and half..." 

"Werewolf" Nicolette finished Anna's sentence as she stared blankly at the wall. Her heart beat increased and her body started shaking abruptly. How could not notice that was why Marcel was so nervous about and why he didn't even explain entirely the situation. She was afraid that he would be back, he was afraid all of them would be back and now she understood why he didn't tell her. But that wasn't a decision he had to make alone. She understood why he invited her to go with him tonight and it was because he knew she would say no and go to bed. He was out there looking for Klaus. "He is back" she whispered softly and for the first time in a long time she felt the salty liquid in her eyes asking permission to get out and roll down her cheeks. 

"My lady, are you alright?" Anna asked noticing Nicolette's reaction. Nicolette stared into her reflection as she noticed the warm tears finally rolling down. She turn her stare to Anna. 

"Get my coat, I am going out" Nicolette wiped her tears away.