02.

FIRE.

Nicolette stared at the empty paper in front of her, her hand trembled as she held her pen and her lips quivered in unison as she deduced if she should or shouldn't. Her mind wondered at what she would write, at what she should write and if it would be absurd to keep on writing letters to him. She lifted the pen and placed it on the thin white paper, she gazed blankly at the ink spreading but she didn't move her pen. She actually couldn't move it. Her mind wandered at that night and the paper slowly blurred into her memories. 

{PAST}

Gasping for air Nicolette woke up and looked around desperately. She tried to swallow hard because she felt thirsty and dried. Her orbs landed on Marcel who worried ran toward her. "Where is him? Is he okay? Did his father found us?" Nicolette spoke in a rush not letting Marcel explain. She only remembered dancing with him like the first time, smiling at him and dying to kiss him when his father entered shooting at every single one of them. 

"Nicolette" he tried to calm her down as she continued to stared around to see if she could spot him in that room full of hurt vampires. 

"Is he hurt?" she tried to get up but Marcel pushed her down. She looked up at him scared, trembling even because Marcel would have never treated her that way if it wasn't important. She looked into his eyes worried that he could have been badly hurt or worst, dead. "Marcel?" she asked, her voice broke and her heart was shattering slowly as she waited impatiently for him to speak up. "Speak up, Marcel" she cried.

"He is fine" she breathed out when she heard he was fine from Marcel's lips. But apparently that wasn't the only thing and it was still making her feel anxious about his next statement. "But he is not here" he looked down waiting for her reaction but she couldn't understand what he meant. 

She chuckled nervously. "Then where is he?" she asked looking at Marcel's feature and noticing something he didn't even know how to say. "WHERE IS HE?" she yelled at him desperately. He jumped startled for her voice. He had never seen her like this before and she knew that, but she just couldn't take it anymore. She needed to know what happened and why Marcel was acting like the following words would kill her. But little did she know that they did kill her. 

"He left, they all left" Marcel choke on his own words before starting to tear up. Anger washed his sadness when he looked at Nicolette. "They left us" he emphasized. 

"No" Nicolette whispered. She couldn't believe Elijah would leave her. She wouldn't, she would not believe he was capable of doing that to her. "No" she repeated once again looking at Marcel as tears filled her eyes. She got up and started walking away. Marcel followed her and even tried to stop her  but she pushed him away with all her strength. "Get out of my way" she hissed as she walked away from a hurting Marcel. 

Her shoes echoed in the empty house that was mostly burnt to ashes. She looked around and tried to find him but she couldn't She kept running, she kept trying to breathe but her heart wouldn't let her. Nicolette kept going, room by room... nothing... nothing! She couldn't find him and when she finally realized he did leave her she broke down. Nicolette felt like all the weight in the world was pushing her against the ground. Her knees trembled and soon gave in. She fell on her knees and tried to breathe but she couldn't. No one ever prepares you to your first heart break. And being a vampire meant it was beyond painful.

Marcel walked toward her while she cried on the floor, he got on his knees and hugged her tight while she cried. "I won't leave you" he promised her. And since that day, since the day Elijah exited her life Marcel had been in hers like never before. 

{PRESENT}

The ink kept spreading and this time she dropped the pen. She grabbed the piece of paper and tear it completely. Nicolette looked at herself in the mirror in front of her. She didn't cry at the memory, she didn't feel anything but anger and pain. But not the type of pain that makes you cry but the one that makes you stronger. Getting on her feet she twirled around and walked downstairs to meet with Marcel. 

"Hey" he greeted her but she walked up to him and kissed him in front of his minions. He kissed her back and a smile appeared between his lips. "What was that for?" he asked when she pulled away. 

"I felt like kissing my king" she smiled, everyone looked away from them. "Now, I thought about a way to get rid of the wolves from our town, what do you say?" she asked making him smile at her and that new attitude.  

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry it's short but this is the inspiration I got. Hope you like it. A little bit more of her in control I guess.