06.

NEW ORLEANS

Nicolette looked around. Her eyes tired of the long drive, her body asking for rest and her soul asking for revenge. It was quite the combination she had inside her body. Placing the little box inside of her pocket Nicolette walked away from the secret passage of her dead friend. She closed it and heard someone opening the front door, her instant made her rush and hide.

"I swear someone was inside" she heard the voice of someone she knew well. "I am not crazy, I swear to see someone inside of Meg's office."

Nicolette couldn't hear another heart so she deduced the girl was alone and talking through the phone since she could hear the other voice through the device. "I guess, it's okay" she sighed silently. "No! I am okay... I just needed air" the girl cried. "I'm fine, thanks! I'll just call you later" she hung up.

Nicolette knew she was in pain, she had seen the whole scene and she felt for her more than anything. Nicolette was once a witch and she loved her coven, but when they turned their backs to her it hurt like hell.

Without noticing Nicolette stepped on a crystal piece making a loud and she wanted earth to swallow her instantly.

"Who is there" the girl between sobs demanded an answer. Nicolette sighing walked out of the shadows letting Sophie Deveraux to see her. "You!" she breathed out full of rage.

"Hello, Sophie" she greeted her as cold as always. Nicolette had learned to be that cold, she wasn't always like that but there people never knew her before so it was better that way. Feelings only make you seem weak.

"What are you doing here?" her tone was defiant and angry, she was full of hatred toward them. But not because it was Nicolette's fault but because of Marcel's.

"First of all, I am truly sorry about your sister" she looked down and stepping forward toward the girl who stepped backwards.

"Sorry?" the girl interrupted Nicolette with a scoff. "You are as guilty as Marcel"

"I know you are suffering and it's hard since you lost your two sisters because of magic, but believe me when I say, I am sorry" Nicolette looked around. "Meg was my friend you know." Nicolette stopped.

"Yeah, look what that friendship cost her" Sophie scoffed once again, it made Nicolette raise her eyebrows and feel the anger the girl felt through her tongue.

"No!" she smiled. "This was a vampire that had nothing to do with me, but believe me... he has someone behind him that it's making him pay" she smiled. "I am not a person that let people go easily, your sister will have her revenge and I will make sure Marcel pays for it" Nicolette said as she walked toward the door.

"Why?" Sophie asked making Nicolette stop. "Why would you punish your king for us?" she looked at her.

Her question made Nicolette stop, her eyes full of tears and loss. She breathed in and pushed her tears inside before facing the petite brunette. "I was once a witch, I loved my nature and it was abruptly taken away from me and believe me, my family... my mother turned against me and left me, because her own mistake turned me into this." She looked down trying to hide the tears from the memory. "Witches are under my protection and Marcel crossed a line he shouldn't have crossed. Having Niklaus Mikaelson back means him trying to show who is in charge and believe me, I am the Queen... and their hearts will be mine. Klaus's and Marcel's."