11.

PAPA.

{PAST}

"Papa" she screamed as she rushed toward him before he could fall to the ground, if he touched the ground it would mean he died for her and she didn't save him; Even though she well knew he was already dead it meant so much for her to forbid his body to touch the ground, it felt wrong. She grabbed him and fell with him to the ground. "No" she cried. "No, no, no" she said as she noticed the grey aspect of his hands and how it was reaching his face.

"I love y..." and like that his life swept away in front of her and the rage she felt in her heart because he didn't deserve such end. The hands of her lover were pressed against her shoulders to reassure her but her sobs were growing louder and louder. Looking up she met the eyes of her father's killer, his mischievous smile made her burn in anger while she held her father's corpse in her lap.

"This way you'll learn your place in my kingdom" he said making Elijah stand up before him. "You too, brother" and like that Niklaus walked away from them and as she stared in tears to her father's killer she swore inside she would make him pay one day. Elijah held her hand and with no words he sat beside her while she mourned her ray of sunshine like she used to call him.

{PRESENT DAY}

Sitting down the tree she planned everything, sighing she rose from the ground and walked toward the chapel. She was about to meet with all the witches of New Orleans but before she did such thing she had to be sure Davina would be protected at all costs. Walking upstairs to the attic she knocked on the door waiting for Davina's response. Davina opened the door and smiled when she saw Nicolette.

"Hi" she opened wide the door for her to come in. "I wanted you to fill me in, who is this witch powerful that almost gave me a heart attack with her sudden burst of powers?" she asked as she sat on her bed with legs crossed.

"Me" she shortly answered. Davina's face changed immediately, questions rose in her thoughts and since Nicolette knew what questions she would ask she started answering all of them right away. "I am an heretic, certain type of witch that could only do magic if she syphoned it from something or someone with magic. When I became a vampire I didn't need to syphone anyone but myself, vampires are sources of magic, constant magic and I didn't turn to be an heretic, it was all a mistake and I never asked for this. I was destine to merge with another witch in order to have a powerful leader, eventually since my mother and father wouldn't like to lose their daughter they made ancestral magic and that's how we have kept going. When I turned I became my own source of magic and too powerful, my mother wouldn't accept it so she took my ability to be a witch away and hid it. It passed from generation to generation and the witches from the ancestral world saw the injustice and blood shed Marcel started with the witches they gave me my powers back." She explained making Davina twirl in her own mind as she processed this information. "I decided to change rules around here, you are a kid Davina and you shouldn't be hidden away in this hell of attic while your life pass in front of your eyes. The witches are meeting here and I am going to speak to them about not harming you to complete the harvest so you could live your normal life."

"Wait" Davina stopped Nicolette. "You are really doing that?" she asked raising both of her hands to her chest. "Do you think they'll accept?" she asked hopeful even.

"I am going to protect you, I won't let them harm you in any kind of way and if they do so, they'll meet our powers together" she grabbed Davina's hands. "Marcel doesn't know about this but once I get the witches to our side in good terms I am sure you'll be able to be free to continue in high school and to pursue that love of yours" she smiled since she have heard about certain boy Davina has a crush on.