Chapter Four - Memories

Yuki POV

"Cross! I won't be treating you special because you are the headmasters daughter! You'll be having an extra lecture. I'll make sure of it." My head snapped up just as Zero walked in, him with a hand to his mouth as he yawned. "Kiryuu. ..! I can't stand this anymore! There will be a full extra lecture for you to attend until night! I don't care if you're prefects!" The teacher yelled, slamming his papers down on the desk as he dismissed the rest of the class. I fell asleep again. . It has been too long since I have had a reasonable nights sleep. "Zero, I'll go handle the crowd." I couldn't help but glare in her direction. My sister. . . Momoko. Not only does everyone love her more, but they hate me because of her. I always get left behind. Just because she is the oldest, doesn't mean she is entitled to be treated better. "Alright. You'll be okay without me?" He asked, totally flirting with her. I could actually wring both of their necks for doing that around me. I don't get how she is his favourite. I have been the one caring for Zero all along. . . Even the vampires hate me. I thought that even Kaname could have protected me from their hatred too. "Of course. I can handle myself." She replied, tapping him on the shoulder not even giving me a glance on her way out. "What are we going to do Zero? We have to go out there!" I whispered to him, holding my book up so that the teacher doesn't see me talking. "Momoko can handle it herself. We'll be along after we finish." Zero said, me frowning. "What?" He asked, his violet eyes flashing over to me. "Why do you like her so much more than me? You put more faith in her." I muttered, looking over at him. "That's not true." He replied, even though I could totally tell that he is lying. . .

I plugged my ears as Zero shot at the target, me watching him with wary eyes. "What are you looking at?" He asked, him having been treating me coldly ever since yesterday. I had called my sister out on being such a brownie noser with the vampires as she handled the day students so well on her own. Zero had gotten angry and told me to get lost. Of course I had cried about it for awhile, but I wouldn't ever let him know that. "You hardly come to the shooting range." I noted, him putting the gun down for a moment and giving me a look. "What's with those bandages? Trying to copy your sister?" He asked, me touching my neck for a moment. I am trying to figure out why she has a bandage around her neck like that. No one will tell me, not even Kaname. I thought that if I tried something like this, I could somehow pry some information from Zero. "I've been ah. . . Bitten." I said, his eyes darkening. "Yeah by what? Drinking blood is prohibited at the academy. Are you going against Papa's will for vampires and humans to live in harmony?" Her stupid voice came to me. I turned and saw her standing there with her arms crossed. "I would never go against fathers wish!" I exclaimed, having not expected her to be here at this time. Her eyes narrowed at me, which made me so mad. How can she point fingers like that?! "Then stop being so naive. He has worked so hard to get this academy going and I am not going to let you ruin it by doing something as foolish as let them bite you." She said, Zero leaning against the wall and simply watching us fight. He never ever takes my side anymore. Not since he decided that she was better. "Then what's that around your neck huh? Prove to me that that isn't a bite." I said, pointing to her neck in accusation. I've got her now. There's no way she can get out of it now. "Fine." she said simply, taking the bandage and ripping it cleanly off herself. She then pulled back her long hair and showed me her neck, turning all the way around so I could see it clearly. "I would never let Papa down." She said, me looking to Zero for help. "What?" He asked, when he realized I was looking at him. "You're so mean Zero! How can you let her yell at me and accuse me?" I demanded, tears coming to my eyes. "I'm not taking any sides really." He lied, me taking off at a run and pushing past Momoko. What have I done to deserve this?

"I understand you want her to be taken care of Kaname-Kun. You're the son left behind by the person I am indebted to. . ." The man with the ponytail said, me staring at some kind of food that he had given me. It jiggles and smells good; but I am not sure if it is safe to eat. "This child doesn't seem to know that a budding can be eaten. . ." "Yeah her memories seem to have completely dissapeared. You should use a spoon to eat it. . Yes. Ahh." The young boy with the brown hair told me. He is the one who saved me and the girl who looks just like me that sits on his other side. She's quiet and doesn't look my way, but it didn't matter to me. I don't know her after all. . . "What's wrong?" The boy asked, me slowly reaching out towards his mouth. My fingers touched his lips and then his fangs. I screamed as it reminded me of the attacker who was going to kill me. He horrified me. "I think I should get out of her sight Cross." The boy said, standing but being stopped by the other little girl. She took his jacket and pulled him closer. Staring at him with wonder and awe. How is she un-afraid? She was attacked too, wasn't she?