Chapter Nine - Again and Again

"Kaname this feels ridiculous." I sighed, one of my hands in his, Yuki on his other side. We have come to a gala that is mine and Yuki's first outing as purebloods. This is a set up, to introduce us to the vampire world. 

"You promised to behave." He said softly, Yuki glaring at me as Kaname spoke directly to me, taking his eyes off her. 

"I never said I would do something stupid." I replied, "It's just... Do we have to be all... you know... holding hands like this? We look like a polygamous couple." 

"Well we kind of are." He joked, Yuki frowning. 

"Kaname-Sama that is quite enough." She said, becoming a bit more bold. She has finally come to her senses in some sense, finally having used her vampire teeth a few days ago. I am surprised Kaname thinks she is stable enough to come out tonight to be honest. Although it will be him dealing with the consequences if she steps out of line and not me. This is also the first time Yuki and I have been in the same space together. In the mansion we have been separated and I honestly haven't seen her since our departure from the academy a year ago. 

"Let's just get along for the sake of the event Yuki." I said coldly, the three of us stepping out and into the crowd. I glanced to the right and could see him, looking straight at me. His eyes are focused and I can tell... the last little while has been hard on him. 

"How are you tonight, Kaname sama...? And these young ladies, your sister?" One vampire asked, his arm folded across his chest as he bowed.

"How are you doing your highness? Kaname-sama has informed us of your existence, but he wouldn't say anything more and we are curious" Someone else said, the comments and questions all melding into one. Kaname has not told them anything about us. He told us it is up to us to disclose anything or nothing. It. Is. Up. To. Us. 

"My name is Momoko." I said, replying to a question. 

"I'm Yuki, pleased to meet you all." Yuki added as well. 

"What is it, Momoko?" Kaname asked as I had turned my head to the side and taking my attention away from the creepy vampires trying to relate me to my late parents. 

"Give Yuki the spotlight for moment, dear brother." I said, letting go of his hand and moving through the crowd. The crowd moved to let me through and I managed to find exactly what I had smelt. 

"Sayori-Chan?" I questioned, the girl turning and smiling at me. 

"Momoko!" She exclaimed, me knowing she knows of vampires now. Zero had written to me and she is the only human who knows of what really happened last year at the academy. 

"This person was going to help me come see you and Yuki." She said, me looking to the blond vampire... or rather pureblood. Zero has her wrist in his hand, she must have gone to touch Sayori. 

"Zero." I saw the pain flash in his eyes when I called him by name. "Please let go of Miss Sara." He did as I asked and made sure Sayori was behind him. "As for you Miss Sara, please do not so leisurely joke about my friend being a snack. If you dare touch her, even if you are a pureblood I will not let it slide." The woman kept her composure but nodded slightly. 

"As you wish. Let us be good friends Momoko, after-all, there are so few purebloods left. I must go though and greet Kaname-Sama as well." She said, going off on her own. Friend my ass. She smells like fresh blood. She has surely caused some trouble here. 

"Sayori, Zero... this way." I said, moving towards the staircase. I didn't have to look behind me to know they were following. Hopefully, Kaname will buy me a few minutes on my own, before Yuki will want to come say hello. I sighed as I opened a door and let the two of them go through first, me following and closing the door tightly behind me.