Chapter One - A new day

I danced along by myself on the spot, my earphones in to ignore the squealing girls. I was at first excited to be part of my fathers revolution to have vampires and humans co - exist in one world, but never did I think I would have to do this. I shouldn't have to babysit girls that are sixteen years old and above. They should know how to behave on their own and that is a fact. Besides, what is the big interest in the Nightclass students anyways? Sure, most of them are my friends and we always have a good time when together, but they aren't anything to swoon over. Maybe it's because I am their friend that I don't see them in that way?

My hands got taken suddenly, making me focus on them. Hanabusa Aido, the beloved blond idol of this school, brought me out onto the path. He swung us into a jive while singing a song that I couldn't hear. I am sure it is cheesy in the extreme though. I laughed and danced along with him, using the entire path as our dance floor. The boy smiled and swung me around, me crashing into Akatsuki on the turnaround. The flame haired boy shook his head while pulling out my earphones, wrapping them gently around my neck. "Boo, don't be such a party pooper." Hanabusa booed at his cousin. I smiled and shook my head, waving my hand to the side. "It's fine, I'll be stopping by later today anyways." "Oh? Momoko is coming over?" Shiki's usual lazy voice asked. "Yup! I got the go ahead from both Kaname and Zero." I replied, flashing him a peace sign. "Good, I have some things to show you." Rima said, giving me a kind smile. "Yeah! We haven't had our weekly manga talk either!" Takama added. I laughed, it's funny how excited they get about the thought of me coming over; like little kids waiting for a play date. Yuki rarely comes to the Moon dorms with me and I believe she prefers it that way. Not all of the Night students are fond of my sister as they are me. "Class is starting, Kuran." I heard Zero's voice say. I peeked around Hanabusa and saw that Zero has one of Kaname's wrists in his hands, Yuki sort of between them. This must mean that Kaname has either touched her or come close to it; Zero really hates when Kaname puts his hands on us. I sighed and walked over to them, scooting Yuki out of the way and unhooking Zero's hand from Kaname. "Now, now. If you continue on like this, neither of you will be getting desert later." This comment made the two of the unwillingly smile. "Fine, but you're scary, Mr Prefect." Kaname replied first, gaining gaining composure faster. I gave a little wave to the other vampires who were watching us, them just smiling and waving back. Hopefully this feud between Kaname and Zero will settle, it would make my life much easier. "Listen up brats! Get the hell back to your dorms! Why do I have to deal with you running around and screaming 'Kya' 'Kya' every damn day?! Why?" Zero yelled at the girls, making them scatter to the winds. "Calm down, come on." I cooed to the boy, steering him and my sister towards the main office.

"Whining and moaning on about not wanting to be a guardian isn't going to help your case." I told Zero, walking along side him while scanning the trees. We are currently on patrol right now, mostly looking for any day time students that have snuck out of their dorms. Honestly, those girls cause more problems than they're worth. "It's good to vent every so often. Besides, you hardly listen to me." I laughed and shoved his shoulder playfully. "I do too, I just tend to zone out a lot." Zero shook his head at me, but smiled anyways. I do have quite an active imagination, which tends to distract me from my job. . . I heard something off to my left, making my head turn in that direction. "I smell blood. Let's go." Zero told me, running off ahead of me. I pulled out my Katana and ran along side the boy, weaving around some trees. "D-don't you dare! Let me go Aido!" Yuki's voice called. This made me run faster and when I broke the tree line, I flew, placing the tip of my Katana at Hanabusa's throat. Zero was right on him too, his gun up against the vampires head. It is true that the vampires are my friends, but I did, them that when it comes down to things like this, I won't hold back. "Drinking whist on school grounds is strictly prohibited. Getting drunk on the scent of blood. . . You've finally revealed your true nature, vampire." Zero said, his tone loaded with spite. "It was just a taste. . ." I moved my Katana quickly, deflecting the bullet that Zero had shot. "Idiot! Why did you shoot!?" Yuki yelled at him. "You're the idiot. Are you trying to get yourself killed? What type of person would get close enough to a vampire that they know is seeking blood?" I asked her, lowering my weapon as Kaname emerged from the shadows. "You should be more careful Aido. Those weapons were meant to kill us." Kaname told the boy. Zero, Yuki and I all possess vampire hunters weapons. They are strong enough to do severe damage if we so desire. "I will take care of these fools, the chairman will need a full report. Is that okay, Kiryuu?" Kaname asked. "Just get them out of my sight." Zero said, moving to deal with the two passed out day students. "I hope this hasn't awoken any bad memories for you, Yuki." "Oh no! I didn't get hurt or anything, so it's okay!" Yuki replied quickly to Kaname's comment. I rolled my eyes and went to help Zero, but his voice kept me in place. "Will you still be coming to visit, Momoko?" "Sure. I'll be there." I replied, watching as Kaname smiled to himself and walked off with the two guilty vampires in tow.