Chapter Eight - Come Back

I breathed heavy, sweat dripping down my neck as I tried to control the illusions. Things have been happening outside; Ichiru coming to school, Shiki coming home . . . But I couldn't be there to see any of it. I have been stuck in this damned room for two weeks, the illusions finally getting very bad. Everything I see is covered in blood. The walls, the closet, my hands . . . I scratch at my shoulder, trying to calm myself down. I jumped at the sound of knocking on the door.

"Momoko, are you awake?" I heard Zero ask. "Your head, doesn't hurt anymore?" I just went to get clothes for you to change. . ." As soon as he was in arms reach I pounced on him, my hands entrapping his neck. My fingers squeezed really hard and then I suddenly snapped out of it; my fingers going slack.

"Z-Zero?"

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking up at me; me straddling him. My fingers shook furiously.

"Why aren't you fighting back?"

"I told you before. You can do anything you want with my life. You are mine and I am yours. You are Shiki's and he is yours. We both feel this way." He sat up and kissed my forehead. "Get some rest. I'll come back in a little while." I slid off him and watched him leave, the illusion coming right back after he left.

"Z-Zero." I called, me growing scared. "C-Come back." I cried, arms wrapping around me from behind. "Kaname." I greeted, me closing my eyes as he picked me up. I didn't fight and I knew . . . He must know something that I don't. He is the key to all of this pain and torture I am experiencing. Kaname Kuran is the answer. . . Kaname said something to Zero, who had heard my window snap open before stepping out and taking us somewhere far away.

*

"Snow . . . This world is dyed with the colour of blood. It will never be able to go back to the way it was before. I only wanted to try thinking back about the past. The dreams I have Kaname. . . The things that I have seen . . . They are real aren't they?" I asked, my friend smiling down at me.

"Momoko. Yuki has awoken and now it is your turn." he said, tilting my head back and taking ab its out of my neck. I didn't fight it, I knew this had to happen. I felt it shattering inside of me. I knew that the moment Kaname pressed his lips to mine to feed me his blood; I was a different person. My eyes rolled about and when I opened my eyes again, everything was clear. By the look Kaname is giving me, it seems that I have given a much more relaxed response than my sister. He is holding me very tight, but his grasp is looser than what I imagine he had to hold her with. I can see it through some of the memory he gave me. She struggled and didn't understand. She tried to fight it and now she is changing alone in her room.

"Have you awakened?" He asked, my gaze refocusing. I could see a younger version of Kaname in my sight as I stared at his current self. "Do you remember me?" I can see my small hand as a child caressing his face.

"My . . ." I heard Zero up above, me tilting my head upwards to see him staring down in shock.

"Momoko. . . " He said in disbelief, tears coming to my eyes. I don't want to hurt him.

"My brother Kaname. I remember everything Zero." I said, me knowing he has heard me. "I am so sorry Zero. If I had known sooner . . . I would have never involved myself with you. I would have never put you through this heart ache." My eyes closed again, my consciousness to much for my body to handle while the change is happening. When I wake up . . . I will thirst for blood. I will not be the human known as Momoko Cross, but the Pureblood known as Momoko Kuran.

*

My eyes flew open, my hands holding my neck as it burned in pain. I am thirsty, so thirsty.

"Momoko. You don't have to hold back." I could see the veins in Kaname's neck. I could see the blood pulsing through them and it made me wilder.