Chapter Seven - You can't be serious?

"I heard something over this way." I muttered to myself, walking silently through the trees and towards the sounds. It has been a few days since I've seen Zero, my father having watching over him closely over the past few days. They worry about his health status and I can understand. Shizuoka sucked a lot of blood out of his body. Even I worry a bit about it. Yuki seems to be keeping her distance too. Kaname as well. I haven't seen anyone is a while; it has been lonely. 

"This is Cross academy I hope. Am I mistaken? Ugh, I came right after overtime work. So it has become late . . ." The megane said, me knowing his true form right away. I have spent enough time with vampires to know one. 

"You are a vampire, no need to play coy with me." I said, pulling out my artemis rod and holding it in front of myself protectively. 

"I see, you are also a guardian. Momoko Cross was it?" He asked, smiling even though his gaze tells me he is unfriendly. "Then, there is something I want to ask you . . . The whereabouts of the other guardian." He suddenly flew at me, sharp nails growing quick from his previous dull ones. I went to duck out of the way but a figure grabbed me around the waist, pulling me up into an uncomfortable position. I feel like a piece of luggage. 

"What's your business with me?" Zero asked, me looking up to see that serious gaze of his. 

"Zero Kiryuu. For committing the murder of a 'Pure-Blood' Shizuka Hiou. By command of 'supreme institution of vampires', the senior council, you are sentenced to death." 

"What proof do you have?! You vampires love to go around pointing fingers don't you?" I said, "Honestly, you people make me sick." 

"We take pride in our duty to protect the pure blood nobles of the council of ancients. But you managed to escape our eyes and get your hands on Shizuoka-Sama. As far as we are concerned, pure blood vampires are a sacred existence. Anyone who inflicts as much s a small cut on any one of them should expect to be executed, Zero Kiryuu." The man said, pushing his glasses up. Zero put me on my feet as I struggled, losing the ability to breath properly. 

"Then that must mean I need to be executed too right? I've cut Kaname before with a kitchen knife." I taunted, the man looking to me with surprise. When I was little, Kaname had come over and we were baking in the kitchen. I was cutting up some chocolate for our cookies and his finger accidentally got in the way.

"Then you must be punished as well. This serious crime can only be paid with your mortal lives. That is a 'cheap' bargain don't you think?"  Zero's hand curled around the other man's and he cranked it backwards the sounds of his bones breaking as he pushed him into a restrained position on the ground. 

"It's too bad, there are no 'cheap' bargains to be obtained here." Zero said, wiping the cut on his cheek  from the man's nails. 

"Even if you've defeated me alone, you cannot escape. We said we will have you executed." The man said, others now appearing from the shadows. I readied myself, as one came towards me. I was just about to take him down, but he bursted into smoke before I could even move. The night class. . . 

"The council of ancients has connected to attend this school. It was already made inevitable matter to have that woman hunting for Kiryuu." Kaname said, his unwavering presence flooding this area. 

"Kaname Kuran Sama!" The other vampires called, bowing down in respect. 

"However, the pure blood's sacredness and for the sake of protecting it, why must they be executed?" Kaname asked. 

"Kaname-Sama. If a pure-blood noble such as yourself stands in our way, we would be unable to fulfill our duties. We would like you to leave with your honourable school friends." One of the bowed ones said.