Chapter 17

-Jess' POV--

 I can't believe this is happening. That sick psycho kidnapped my best friend. And poor Scotty, he hasn't stopped crying yet.

 "Cancel the show." Scotty said to Mike and he nodded. "Okay Scott." He responded standing up to tell everyone. Shortly after, the cops arrived and Scotty told them everything. 

"Okay. So we are going to get a group of our cops together to search the area. Do you have anything on this guy?" The cops asked us. Scotty nodded and handed them the letter. 

"He left this, and also he has followed Bailey and I before. He drives a white Chevy Malibu." The cops nodded and took off. "Don't worry Scotty we will find her." I assured him placing my hand on his back. "I hope you're right." He whispered looking down.

 "We will Scotty, we will." He looked at me with tears in his eyes. "This is all my fault."

 I held back tears. "Scotty this is not your fault okay?" I said placing both my hands on his shoulders. 

"We had a fight and... Gosh Jess-- I love her.. She can't die, or be gone forever." He said looking away and biting his lip.

 "She loves you too Scotty. Everyone has fights. And Scotty she's going to be okay!" I yelled. He nodded and grabbed his keys. "Where are you going?" I asked watching him. "I'm going to find her." He answered determined. "We will look too!" Easton said grabbing my hand and looking at Scotty. "So will we!" Said the rest of the band and his manager. Scotty smiled. "Alright everyone, let's go find Bailey." 

--Scotty's POV-- 

This all can't be happening. This has to be a dream. Bailey is my world, I can't lose her. I quickly hop into my car and start it up. 

"Okay Bailey. Where are you?" I whispered turning onto the road. I drove for about 20 minutes and scanned all the houses looking for the same car and found nothing.

 "Ugh!" I groaned pulling over to the side of the road and slamming my hands against the steering wheel. "Lord help me find her." I yelled as tears ran down my cheeks. Where could she be?! Think Scotty, think. If I were a psychopath in love with her, where would I be...I got it! 

He has to be somewhere near Bailey's place. I quickly got on the highway and flew. When I got near her place I slowed down again carefully scanning the cars. I was just about to give up when I saw his car. 

"Heck yes!!" I shouted pulling the car over and quickly getting out. I sprinted to the door and busted it down. 

"Bailey!" I shouted looking around the room. I walked upstairs and peeked into the bedroom. "Scotty?" She whispered when I stuck my head in. 

"Bailey!" I yelled as she squinted. I ran over to her side and took her into my arms. "Thank God you're okay." I whispered as she cried into my chest. I looked up and saw Cody laying on the ground with a bat next to him. "Bailey he didn't hit you did he?" I asked pointing to the bat. 

"No, not with that." She whispered and I looked at her. "Are you okay?!" I asked confused on why she was just whispering. "My head really hurts Scotty." She replied sinking again into my chest. I carefully touched her head, and there was a huge knot, and a slit with dried up blood.

 "Bailey I need to get you to a hospital." I quickly said picking her up and standing up. "Not too fast." She said closing her eyes. She was definitely in some pain. I slowly made my way down the steps. I hate seeing her hurt like this.

 "I'm so sorry Bailey." I whispered as I opened the door. 

"Scotty it's not your fault." She whispered and I kissed her forehead. I knew I shouldn't say more right now. "I'm just glad you're okay." I whispered as I opened the car door and carefully placed her in the passengers seat. 

I leaned it back a little bit so she was comfortable and climbed into the drivers seat. I started up the car, and Bailey stopped me. "Scotty I'm not feeling too well.." She groaned and I quickly reached in the back seat and grabbed a paper sack and held it for her, as she threw up. I rubbed her back and helped hold her up. 

"You're okay baby." I whispered kissing her cheek as she laid back in the seat. "Sorry about that." She whispered as I set the bag down and started driving. I slipped my hand into hers and squeezed it. "Baby you have nothing to be sorry about. I promise you, we will be to the hospital soon."

----Bailey's POV-- 

"We are almost there Bailey." Scotty said quietly. I closed my eyes. Thank goodness it is dark out, I don't think I would be able to take any light. My head is pounding, but I am trying to fight the pain for Scotty. I don't want him to be too worried. 

"Would it bother you if I called Jess real quick, and let her know I found you?" He asked placing his hand on my leg. "That's fine." I whispered watching him. Ever since he walked through that door and saved me, I have seen him in a different perspective. He's my hero, my knight in shining armor.

 "Hey Jess. I found her." He said calmly and as quiet as he could into the phone but loud enough so she could still hear him. "I'm taking her to the hospital now." He told her and then hung up. 

"Scotty." I said closing my eyes. "Yes baby?" He asked concerned. "I love you." I smiled as he grinned back. "Oh Bailey, I love you too." He whispered gently touching my face as we pulled into the hospital emergency room parking lot. 

--Scotty's POV--

 I pull into the hospital, and quickly hop out and grab a wheelchair. I open the passenger door and scoop Bailey out, then place her into the wheelchair.

 I rush inside, and find the front desk. "How may I help you two today?" The lady asked. "My girlfriend needs to see a doctor now." I demanded and she looked at the chart. 

"Okay I need you to fill out these forms sir." She replied handing me a clipboard and pen. "You two take a seat over there." "Woah, woah, woah. Ma'am she needs a doctor right now." I said raising my voice as Bailey placed her hand on my arm.

 "Scotty it's okay. I'm--" she stopped and her eyes got glassy. She started to fall forward and I caught her. "Bailey!" I shouted sitting her up and snapped my fingers trying to wake her up. The lady from the front desk quickly came to my side and joined me. 

"WE NEED A DOCTOR OVER HERE!" She shouted as people in scrubs came running over. I froze as everything seemed to be happening in slow motion. 

All the doctors gathered around her, and a nurse rolled a bed towards her and placed her on it. They started to wheel her back and I stopped a doctor. "Where are you taking her?!" I asked grabbing his arm. 

"Sir. We are taking her to get a CT scan to see what we are dealing with." He replied facing me. "Are you her boyfriend?" He asked placing a hand on my shoulder. I nodded yes.

 "Okay. I will let you know as soon as we find out what's going on. Go ahead and take a seat over there." He pointed to the chairs. I slowly made my way over and sunk down into the chair. I placed my head and my hands and started to cry. I can't lose Bailey. I can't.

 "Scotty?" I look up and see my mom, dad, and Ashley looking at me. "What are you guys doing here? I thought you went back to Garner." I said standing up and going them a hug. "We did. But then we heard about everything going on, and we came here as soon as possible." My mom replied as we all sat down.

 "It's not looking good mom." I said looking at her as a tear ran down my cheek. Tears formed in her eyes and she held me close. "It's going to be okay baby." She whispered to me as I cried into her shoulder.

 A few minutes later, Jess, Easton, and the rest of the band and crew walk in. Jess takes one look at me and runs over to give me a hug. I update everyone on what happened, and they all take up the rest of the seats in the waiting area. I look up as a doctor walks out. 

"Family and friends of Bailey?" He asks looking at us. I stood up and he looked at his file. "Bailey has a small bleed in her brain, and it's swollen from the trauma. We are going to have to operate immediately." He says as my heart drops.

 "This is a very serious and dangerous 12 hour procedure, but it has to be done to save her life." We all nodded as he informed us that they are starting the operation. I took a seat and placed my head in my hands and stared at the floor. This was going to be the longest and hardest 12 hours of my life.