Chapter 5

--Baileys POV--

I revved up the machine and set up the screen in front of me. "Are you gonna get this thing going or not?!" Scotty shouted to me and I rolled my eyes. "Hold on princess." I replied grabbing a bucket of the machine balls and setting it next to the machine. "Are you ready?" I asked him as I held up one of them.

"I was born ready!" He answered tilting his helmet and getting into his stance. "Alrighty babe Ruth." I said placing the ball into the machine and watching it slip out and whiz through the air. It shot out and whipped right past Scotty as he took a big whack at it.

As the ball hit the net behind him, I heard all the people laughing. "How ya feeling now Scott?" Someone asked as I saw his face get red. I held back a laugh as I slipped the other ball into the machine. Deja vu. I watched as the same thing happened again. And after half of the bucket was empty, Scotty tossed the bat and helmet.

"I give up." He said hanging his head. I jogged over to him as the others were laughing. I placed my hand on his back. "Don't give up. You'll never hit it then." I said as he looked at me in the eyes. I smiled and he handed me the bat and helmet. "I want to see you do it." He replied giving me a half grin and picking up the balls.

-- Scotty's POV--

I have no idea why I couldn't hit that ball.... Who am I kidding?! That ball was like a missile coming out of that machine. I barely had time to think. I have to see Bailey hit this... There is no way she can.

I picked up the balls and walked them back to the machine as she put on the helmet and picked up the bat. She smiled at me and turned to the others. "Would anyone like to go before me?" She asked as everyone fell silent.

"Is someone scared?" I yelled smiling. "Yeah.. I'm kinda scared I might hurt you.. Even with that screen in front of you." She answered smartly back as she stepped into the box and got into her stance. I like this girl. Her feisty personality was really attractive. And her smile.. Come on Scotty snap out of it. You're famous. You don't have time for a relationship. But yet, she's different.. We could be different.

"Are you going to send it or not?!" Bailey asked staring at me. "Uh. Yeah. Sorry." I replied placing the ball into the machine and watching it fly across the cage and connect immediately to her bat and then hitting the net behind me.

I couldn't believe it. This girl just hit that ball... My jaw dropped as she smiled back. I had to see this again. I slipped another ball into the machine and the same thing happened... Only this time the ball came right towards me.

-- Baileys POV--

I loved showing Scotty up. I could tell he didn't expect me to hit the first one like I did. One thing I didn't like was Matt was behind me flirting the entire time. It was kind of getting annoying. I mean, don't get me wrong, he is cute, but I don't think of him like that.

Scotty put another ball in the machine, and I swung and watched it fly straight towards him. Luckily there was a screen there. I studied the ball as it slammed into the screen, and the force of the ball knocked it completely over on Scotty.

The look on his face was hilarious. He looked like a lion who had just been caught by a trap. The room fell silent as he laid there. And then I heard laughter from behind me as I rushed over to help Scotty up. When I reached his side he was smiling.

"You okay?" I asked squatting down and grabbing the screen. "Yeah. I think so." He replied helping me push the screen up. As I got it up, I held my hand out to help him up, and when our hands connect there was a bolt of electricity that rushed through my arms. I wonder if he felt it too as he stood to his feet and let go.

We walked over to the group and headed out to the lobby. This was the end of our tour. "Okay everyone! Thanks for coming out and learning more about our complex! As VIP we would like to give each one of you a reserved seat to tonight's game! And an all you can eat free concessions." I announced as everyone cheered. "I hope to see y'all tonight. And after the game, I would like everyone to come down and meet the players." I finished as everyone talked amongst themselves and headed to the gift shop for souvenirs.

I watched the door close behind them and let out a big sigh of relief. I was never big on being the center of attention. "Thanks for the tour." I heard from behind me as I turned around and saw Scotty smiling. "Anytime. Hope you will be here tonight." I replied as he headed towards the gift shop. "I wouldn't miss it for the end of this world." He answered giving me a wink and disappearing into the shop.