Chapter 9

-- Bailey's POV--

I can't believe that just happened. That picture is without a doubt going to be in the tabloids tomorrow, or worse even tonight. God only knows what that article is going to say...

"Bailey... We just passed the soda aisle..." Scotty said interrupting my thoughts. I quickly turned and directed the cart down the aisle. "Come on Bailey talk to me.." He pleaded from behind me. I grabbed a Mountain Dew and coke and put them in the cart, and then continued waking.

"Bailey... Come on.. This isn't that bad.." Scotty tried to convince me and I turned around. I've had it. "Not that bad?! Scotty. That picture... God only knows what they are going to write!!" I yelled trying to stay calm. Scotty lowered his head and crossed his arms.

"I'm sorry Bailey.." He apologized looking up at me. My heart dropped. It wasn't his fault.. I just took it out on him. "Don't be.. I'm sorry.. It wasn't your fault." I replied walking over to him and stopping in front of him. He looked at me and smiled as I gave him a hug. And when I did, I saw another flash of a camera.

"ALRIGHT THAT'S IT!" I yelled looking around for the person who took the picture but couldn't find him anywhere. "Calm down Bailey. Let's just get the things and get back to your place." He said placing his hand on my back and walking with me over to the cart. I sighed.

He was right, it was over and already on the camera. Too late to stop it now. We grabbed a few more things and were putting it on the belt when a little girl came up to us. "Mommy! Look it's Scotty McCreery.. And Bailey Moore!" She said amazed as Scotty and I smiled at each other. "Yes it is." Her mom replied smiling as I bent down to her level.

"Hello there. And what might your name be?" I asked as she smiled. "I'm Jenna." She replied as I gave her a hug. "That's such a pretty name." I answered smiling. Scotty joined me, and gave her a hug as well. Scotty and I took a picture with Jenna, and then talked with her and her mom for a few minutes.

"Hey Bailey." Jenna said looking up at me. "Yes Jenna?" I asked looking down at her and smiling. "One day I am going to play softball for the Akron Racers, just like you." I froze. I can't believe someone would want to be just like me. I'm not even sure how to respond to that. "Aww thanks Jenna. I tell you what, when you play for the Racers I will definitely come out and watch you play." I said as the biggest smile came across her face.

"You will?!" She asked jumping up and down. "Of course I will." Scotty and I waved goodbye to Jenna and her mom and then carried the bags out to the car. I could barely process everything that just happened.

-- Scotty's POV--

I helped Bailey load up the bags in the trunk, and then we drove to her apartment. So far the trip had been silent, and to be honest it was quite awkward. "You okay?" I asked finally when the silence was killing me. "Yeah. I'm fine." She replied looking out the window. Something is wrong..

"Bailey no you're not.. I can tell. Look if you are still worried about that picture I can see what I can do.." I started and she cut me off. "Take a right now." She said pointing at the road. "But I thought you said.." I got out as she grabbed the wheel and yanked it right.

"BAILEY what the heck?!" I yelled as we took off down the road. I looked over at her and saw her looking behind us. I glanced back at the road as we stopped at a stoplight, and then looked at her again. I watched as all the color drained from her face, and her eyes were wide.

"Bailey?" I took her hand in mine with concern. She looked at me and bit her lip. "Scotty that car is following us.." My heart dropped. "A-are you sure?" I asked looking in my mirror and focusing on the road ahead. "Of course I'm sure.. Make a sharp left turn here.." She replied as I followed what she said, and sure enough the car followed us. She's right..