Chapter 6

-- Scotty's POV--

I headed into the racers giftshop, and caught up with Matt. "Hey Scotty. What do you think of this?" He asked holding up a jersey. I looked at it, and noticed it was Bailey's last name and her number. "It's nice.." I replied as he grinned placing it back on the rack. I watched him walk away, and I quickly took another look at the jersey and grabbed it off the rack. If I was going to the game tonight, I had to have something to for in. I walked over to the cash register and grabbed a hat. As

I was being checked out the lady noticed the jersey I grabbed. "Good choice. She's the best." She said smiling as she scanned the tag. I nodded and paid for the items and quickly grabbed the bag and jogged out to the van just before everyone else reached it. "Hey Scotty you got something?" Joey asked motioning towards the bag and smiling. "Just a jersey and a hat.." I replied as Matt burst into laughter. I rolled my eyes and rest my head on the seat. I couldn't wait to see Bailey again tonight.

--Bailey's POV--

I headed down to the locker room, as all of the girls were walking in. "Hey Bailey!" I heard as I turned around and saw my best friend Jess walking towards me. "Hey Jess!" I said sitting on the bench as she placed her things in her locker.

Jess and I have been best friends since as long as I can remember. We grew up playing softball together, and our dream was to one day be on the Akron racers, and it finally came true. "I heard you were here early." She said as she took a seat on the bench beside me. "Yeah, coach asked me to come in to give a tour.." I started and she gave me a weird look. "I thought we had tour guides for that." She replied confused. "Well this one was a VIP tour." I answered back and smiled, "and you would never believe who it was!" She gave me another look and began grinning. "Tell me bestie!" She pleaded as I looked around to make sure no one could hear.

"It was Scotty McCreery." I said as she let out a squeal. "SHUT UP! NO FREAKIN WAY!" She screamed smiling as I grinned. "Jess calm down people are staring." I replied. "You gave a tour to THE Scotty McCreery." She whispered. "Yes." I replied. "You mean the Scotty McCreery that you and I fangirled over for years.. And drove to concerts together.. And bought merch and music from?!" She asked still in shock. "Yes Jess.. That one.. Is there any other?!" I replied as she smiled, "and guess what, you will get to meet him tonight. He's coming to the game." I told her as she let out another squeal. And at this moment, I wondered what Scotty was doing, and whether he even cared who I was, and whether he wondered what I was doing too.

-- Scotty's POV--

It is now 5:00, and that means it's time to head back to the field for the game. I quickly threw on the jersey I bought, and placed the hat on my head. "Hey Scotty, mind if I tag along?" I heard from my door as I sprayed on some cologne. I looked up and saw Easton Corbin standing at my door. "Sure man. The more the merrier." I replied as he smiled. Easton has been opening up for me for awhile now, and we have become good friends. "I heard there's a girl that you like.." He teased giving me a slap on the back, "it's about time you get back in the field." "Matt told you didn't he?" I asked and he nodded. Of course he did.. He's Matt. "Alright man let's get a move on." I replied grabbing my sunglasses and heading out to the car. I couldn't wait to see Bailey again.

--Bailey's POV--

It is almost time for warmup, and to be honest I am a little nervous. I mean, the Scotty McCreery is going to be watching me play. The guy who is my inspiration, who pushed me on through the hard times, is coming to see my team tonight. I quickly changed into my jersey, and pulled out my equipment from my locker. I was getting ready to head onto the field, when I heard a few of the girls screaming. I turned to see what the commotion was about, and saw none other than Scotty walking in with EASTON CORBIN. All of the girls on the team surrounded them talking a mile a minute.

"Well this is crazy." I heard Jess say from beside me as I watched this all roll out. "Yeah.." I replied watching Scotty handled all the girls like a pro as Easton and he signed things and took pictures. I watched my teammates pull on Scotty and was starting to get annoyed. I mean, did they have to be all over him?

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE." I shouted as everyone turned to me with wide eyes. The room fell silent and I saw Scotty smiling at me and whisper something to Easton. "Let's give Scotty and Easton some room to breathe. Besides, it's time for warmups so get your butts on that field!" I demanded as everyone quickly grabbed their equipment and rushed up the stairs to the field.

-- Scotty's POV--

I expected to get swamped by people as soon as Easton and I walked through that locker room, so I was prepared. But as I walked into the locker room, I was overwhelmed by the people pulling on me and Easton. "ALRIGHT EVERYONE!" Bailey finally yelled making everyone jump and turn. I looked at her and smiled, and then looked at Easton who seemed just as surprised as the girls at the moment.

"That's her." I whispered to him and he grinned. "Who's that girl next to her?" He asked keeping his eyes on the girl next to Jess and smiling. "I'm not sure.. I only know Bailey." I replied as Bailey told the others to get out to warm up. As everyone left, I headed over to Bailey. "Hey Scotty thanks for coming!" Bailey said reaching out to shake my hand. I smiled and gave her a look. "I don't shake hands.. I think they spread too much germs.." I explained as she rolled her eyes. "Okay then.. How bout a hug?" She asked smiling. Scotty boy, you still got it. I smiled as she wrapped her arms around me and gave me a hug.

As we pulled away she introduced herself and her friend Jess to me and Easton. I couldn't help but notice the way Easton and Jess were eyeballing each other. I think Bailey was thinking the same thing as her eyes shifted where mine were and she lifted her eyebrows and smiled.

"Hey Jess I'm going to have Scotty help me take the nets up to the fields." Bailey told Jess who nodded paying no attention to her. Bailey led me to the equipment closet in another room and began laughing. I smiled. Her laugh was adorable. And boy did she look good in that uniform. I couldn't seem to take my eyes off her butt in those softball pants that fit her just right. She turned around as we reached the closet and found my eyes. I watched her blush and I cleared my throat.

"I think Jess and Easton like each other." She finally said breaking the silence. I looked into her eyes and bit my lip. They aren't the only ones... I thought to myself as I scratched the back of my head. "Yeah. I'm glad I brought him along." I replied as she picked up a net and handed it to me. "Thanks for helping me." She replied as she grabbed another net and a bucket of balls.

"Did I really have a choice? It was either this or watch them mentally undress themselves in that locker room." I replied and she laughed. "That's true!" She answered stepping over the pitching machine to grab another net. As she took another step she slipped on a ball and fell forward towards me. I quickly dropped the net and caught her in my arms. She looked up at me, and I felt like we were the only two in the world.