Chapter 5

I open my eyes slowly , shutting them quickly at the blinding light that has suddenly filled the room. From the door way, I hear a small gasp, before the light snaps off and leaves me, once again, in darkness. I open my eyes again and push myself off the bed, tripping and falling face first on to the floor. "Ugh" I sigh and push myself up again, reaching out to use the wall as support.

From the hallway, I hear the shuffling of feet, somebody running around. A smile grows on my face as I approach the doorway. "Hey, Ross!" I shout out the door. "Yeah?" He yells from wherever he has decided to sprint off to. "Where are you?" I walk into the hall and then the living room, where he is hurriedly gathering a stack of papers off the couch and stuffing them in his computer bag.

"Right here!" He yells jokingly as he zips up his bag and grabs his keys. "What time is it?" I ask, heading over to his kitchen counter where my bags are. "7:30" He says, turning back around to face me. "What?!" I jump, knocking my elbow on the wall. Pain shoots up my arm, the same one that I hurt last night. "Jin! Are you okay?" He runs over to my side, dropping his keys in the process.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I grit my teeth and sigh. I'll be fine, just walk it off. Ross gives me a suspicious look, before shaking his head and walking over to pick up his keys. Taking them from the floor, he grabs my uninjured arm and pulls me into the kitchen. "I made you some cereal in a bag" He says and tosses it to me. "Oh boy, delicious" I say sarcastically as he laughs. "Come on, we have to be there by 8:00" I laugh. "Yeah, we have that work thing, don't we?"

********

We pull up to the offices in Ross's car, the sun covered by dark clouds. I sigh and grab my things, pushing open the car door and stepping outside. I had cereal all over my lap, as I had eaten in the car to give me enough time to get dressed. Walking around the car, I wait for Ross to get out. He smiles through the window, before opening the car door and falling out onto the pavement.

"Ow" Ross pushes himself up slowly. "You good?" I ask, and he nods his head. I reach out a hand, and he gladly takes it. I help him up as my stomach turns. I don't understand it, why am I acting so strange lately? I should really go see a doctor, I might have a virus, and I wouldn't want to spread it around the... "Jin! Jin!" I snap back into reality to see Ross leaning against the car, laughing. I can't help but to laugh with him.

"What happened Jin? Were you trying to communicate telepathically with that tree, or did you just zone out?" I smile. "That tree's name is Link, and it has some very interesting thoughts!" A huge smile grows on Ross's face as he bursts out laughing, and I laugh along, too. "And what, is that other tree Rhett?" He jokes along with me, making me smile even more. "Haha, very funny Ross" I say and walk around to help him with the rest of the stiff from his car.

Flinging my bag over my shoulder, I grab his computer and hand him his bag. "Hey, Ross?" He glances over at me. "Yes?" "Why don't you ever put this in your computer bag?" He smiles. "Oh, that's where I keep Sprinkles!" He smiled. "Huh?" I look over at him. "Yeah, I put Sprinkles in my bag. Wouldn't you?" I just shake my head. Sometimes, I just don't understand you Ross.

A/N - An update? Whaaaaat? Yeah, I know its been a month. I'm sorry! School started back up again, and is way crazier than I expected. However, I should be able to return to updating every week or so on average, hopefully more often. Thanks for sticking around!

ALSO, 1K VIEWS? THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)