Chapter 1- Disappointments

"Are we interrupting your sleep, Summer Blakewood?" Damn straight you were.

My eyes opened slowly and I could feel my head resting on the table. I glanced at the teacher and my classmates with embarrassment. I fell asleep in the middle of a History class and I didn't even notice it? Stupid me, I shouldn't have stayed up late last night.

I sat properly and shook my head. "Yes. I mean no, not at all."

The teacher took one last glance at me and went back to writing on the board. It was our first day of school yet here I was, making a bad impression to everyone. Well, I wasn't trying to impress them so badly. I went back to listening to the lecture and tried not to fall asleep even though my eyes were about to close. Unfortunately, I didn't have History class with my four best friends. I didn't even see them a while ago while I was entering the school. I guess I would see them later.

In case some of you were wondering who I am, well I'm just a normal and plain boring seventeen year old girl. I just started my senior year. I was hoping that this year would be great and memorable, because this was our last year as high school students.

After the History class had ended, I rushed to the bathroom and I looked at myself on the mirror, opened my bag and applied makeup. I put on some lip gloss and powder. I put my silky blonde hair into a tight, messy bun. I also fixed my maroon summer dress and black leather jacket that I wore. I wasn't used to wearing dresses; I always went to school wearing my band shirts and jeans but I decided to make a change so I wore theis dress and leather jacket that my mom bought for me. Also, I did this for Jeremy Morgan.

He's the guy that I fell in love with since we were young. I met him when we were in elementary. A bunch of kids were teasing him and I went straight to them to defend Jeremy. Since then, we were both inseparable. He became my first best friend and my first love. It was just puppy love when we were young but as we grew up, the feelings that I had for him also grew.

When I was done, I walked through the hallway to go find my locker. When I found it, I put all of my stuff in there except my class schedule and my bag. After I closed it, I saw my best friend Jeremy or should I say 'Jer' standing beside my locker, smiling. My heart pounded when I saw him. When he smiled at me, it was different. His smile could melt everyone. You know the feeling when you saw someone, and you really felt so excited and nervous at the same time? Well that's what I felt when I saw him. He really looked hot today. He was wearing a black sweater and jeans. With his blue eyes, dark messy hair, and pale white skin, everyone would really fall for him. No he wasn't the bad boy, and he wasn't that popular, sort of.

"Hey," He smiled.

I put my sling bag on my shoulder and greeted him. "Hey, where are the others?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen them this morning and I didn't have classes with them earlier. What about you? Have you seen them this morning?"

"Not really. By the way, what's your next class?" I asked him. He grabbed his class schedule from his bag and read it. "My next class is math."

I went to look at my paper too and read it. "Same. Let's go find the classroom," I said. And together, we walked through the hallway and went to find the room. There was an awkward silence between us. We just walked, and never talked.

"So.... how are you? We haven't talked lately," Jer said. He broke the silence between us. "And I missed you. You didn't call me or even messaged me."

My cheeks turned red from what he said. He missed me? What the hell was I thinking!? Of course it was normal for him to say those things, because we're best friends. That's what he thought of me. But for me, I didn't think of him as my best friend only, since the beginning it was different. He had no idea that I love him not as my best friend, but as something else.