Chapter 2- Heart Of Blue

I felt shocked and sad at the same time. I wasn't even expecting that. I glanced at Jer and saw that he was very happy about it. Shock was really written all over our faces. When I heard the news, it felt as if my heart shattered into pieces. It also felt like a knife was cut deep into my skin. 

"Really? Congrats man!" Chris patted Jer's back. "Finally you got one! A girl man, a girl!" 

Jane and Andrea shrieked. "Omg congrats Jeremy!" 

"I'm so happy for you, Jer," I smiled sadly. I hope they did not notice it. It killed me, if only they knew about it.

"Thank you guys. You all know that I never go out unless I really like the girl right? Well Chelsea, I think she's the one for me. Chels is not the typical popular girl who's a tiffanys and brittanys type. She's nice, sweet, and beautiful. She makes me laugh even in small things," Jeremy smiled.

She's the one for me. Those words were the words that Jer would never say to me. I was such an idiot for thinking that he liked me too and besides, even if he did, we couldn't be together because of the promise.

That would never happen.

"So Jer, where is she now? I'm so excited to talk to her," I said, excitedly. All I could do was to pretend that I was happy for him even if I wasn't. Because I knew that's what Jer wants me to be.

"She'll join us here. Is it okay with you guys?" Jer asked. We all nodded at him. 

After a while, I could see Chelsea Rivers walking with her friends. At first, she sat at the other table then said something to her friends. She stood up from her seat, then walked towards our place. What Jeremy said earlier was definitely true, Chelsea was absolutely gorgeous. With her long dark brown hair, gray eyes, rosy cheeks, red lips and pale skin.

Jeremy stood up and kissed Chelsea on her cheeks. They really looked happy and they really liked each other. I could tell by looking in their faces and on how they looked at each other.

"Hey," Chelsea greeted. She sat between Jer and Chris and smiled at us. 

"Hi Chelsea, I'm Jane and this girl sitting beside me is Summer, and the one who's checking her phone is Andrea and that dude you're sitting beside with is Chris." 

Andrea looked up from her phone. "Hey nice to meet you!"

"Thanks, nice to meet you too," Chelsea replied.

"Hello Chelsea," I waved at her and she smiled at me then Chris looked at her and winked.  "Hey," he said in a flirty way. Jeremy noticed it and glared. 

"Chill dude I was just kidding," Chris jokingly said.

"By the way, I've heard so much about you guys and don't worry, I won't break Jerry's heart,"  she patted Jer's head.

"Yeah you better not!" Chris and Andrea said then we all laughed.

I guess the effort that I made was all for nothing. 

As the bell rang, we all stood up and headed to our next class. Unfortunately, we all checked our schedules and saw that we didn't have classes together on our next period so we all parted ways. I had Literature class so I walked through the hallway and looked for the room.

Time passed by and the classes were finally over. As I made my way through the hallway, someone called me. I turned around and saw that it was Jer.

"Hey Summer are you free this coming Wednesday?" he asked, waiting for an answer.

"Yeah, why?" I said. I heard that there was an upcoming party so I think that was what he's going to ask me.

"Well there's a party at Ethan Petrovich's house. Do you want to come?" Jer asked.

Exactly just what I thought. "Sure, I'll come with you."

"Cool." 

Just the two of us? 

"Oh, and by the way, all of them are coming and Chelsea too," Jeremy added. I would be lying if I said that I was not disappointed about it. 

"Okay. See you tomorrow," I waved at him and left.

Have you ever felt the feeling of wanting to cry but you just really had to hold back your tears? Well, that's what I was feeling right now. It was so tormenting that I just wanted to die. Not literally. 

When I got home, I saw that no one's around. 

I went upstairs straight to my room. My room was a bit messy. The walls were full of posters of Paramore, Muse, Radiohead, Foster the People and Coldplay. I literally do think that my room was my safe haven though.

When I was done changing, I saw a medium sized box inside my closet.

Curiously, I opened it and saw what that was, the old pictures of Jeremy and I when we were still in middle school. I put the box on my bed. I smiled, I haven't seen this pictures since forever.

I sat on the edge of my bed and looked at the pictures. The first photo that I saw was when Jer was  carrying me like a bride. Second was a jump shot taken at the beach.

"Hey kids strike a pose!" Dad said to us. We were on a trip at the beach in Seattle with Jeremy, our parents, and I.

"Jer, let's do a jump shot!" I said happily. Words couldn't express how happy I was. After a long, stressful week at school, our parents decided to go here.

"Sure!"

"Dadddd, we'll do a jump shot!" I grinned.

Dad counted. "Alright, one, two, three!" 

I wouldn't trade this moment with anything. This was the moment that I would cherish, even if I grew old enough to experience something much fun than this.

I remembered when we went to Florida. Those were the days that we still hadn't met Jane, Chris, and Andrea. It was only us. But we were glad that we met all of them.

Seeing someone that you love for a long time with somebody else makes you wanna cry. It felt like a child losing her favorite blanket. More painful than those tragic endings of a love story. I felt so vulnerable. Weak.

Tears blurred my vision.

I curled up in my bed and silently cried. We'd been best friends since we were young and we were the closest  among our group. Now there was a girl who could make him happier than me.

Sugarcoated feelings. Pretend that I was happy for them even if I was not. I hoped Chelsea wouldn't hurt him. 

And now I was just a girl with a heart of blue longing for that one person that I could never have.

                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   So here's chapter two! I know I'm not that good because this is the first time that I wrote a story, but I'll do my best to make it better. :)