Chapter 10- Waiting For Nothing

Two months passed.

Those two months seemed like yesterday for me. Things were all great; My best friends and I were all doing good. Jeremy and Chelsea were still together and they were both inseparable. We didn't even see him every lunch time because he was with Chelsea all the time that we almost didn't talk with him. I decided to move on from these feelings that I had for him though whenever I see him, it always comes back like a dog fetching whatever his owner fetches him. It was really hard if you asked me. Things were still the same for us. Jane was still herself, no boyfriend yet she was almost flirting with the entire population of boys from school. So yeah, she was pretty much single.

Andrea and Chris were still the same, the most cheerful persons in our group. They were happy all the time which was a good thing. As for Ethan and me....

Well, we always hang out anywhere and everywhere, everyday. He would ask me if I wanted to go somewhere with him. Whenever I talk with him, he had this creepy but intense stare at me that I always felt conscious if something was on my face. 

I invited Ethan to go to the nearest shop with me. We talked and talked and talked until there was no topic to be talked about. I felt comfortable being with him. It was like whenever we see each other, I had this feeling that I shouldn't feel uncomfortable with him.

The coffee shop looked very cozy. With its vintage brown wallpaper, light brown tiles, aromatic scent, enormous space, and relaxing atmosphere. Most of the people were here just for business. The others were just relaxing. I could tell that this coffee shop was earning more money because there were so many customers inside.

"Earth to Summer!"

I shook my head and glanced over him. I didn't realize that I was spacing out. I smiled like an idiot at him. "You sound like a girl when you said that."

"Only for you." Ethan winked at me and took a sip of his cappuccino. I didn't know if he was flirting with me or just joking.

So I came up with a brilliant response. "Didn't know you had a voice like that."

"What kind of voice?" 

"That kind of voice," I smirked.

"This oh-so-sexy kind of voice? I know," he smiled evilly. I stared over him and didn't look away. What was this guy have that made me want to feel comfortable? I felt something else. Something that I didn't expect to feel. When he noticed that I was staring at him, he held my gaze and we were doing a staring contest. I was the one who looked away.

"Maybe we should go. We've been here since ages. Perhaps we should go somewhere else?" I said, the words spilling out before I could stop them.

He blinked twice. "Oh, yeah, yeah sure. I'll just finish my drink."

"Mine too." 

When we were done, Ethan stood up and I followed him behind,  heading to the cashier. He was so much taller than me. His two legs swaying with rhythm. When he reached at the cashier, I was standing beside him and waiting for him to finish paying for the coffee that we had.

Outside the coffee shop was very freezing, making us see our breaths when we exhaled. Ethan put his hands on the pockets of his jacket while I folded my arms across my chest because the sweater that I wore had no pockets. How do people get used to this cold weather? I thought. Despite the cold atmosphere, Ethan and I took a long walk along the path. As we walked slowly, I caught a glimpse of the busy streets, and the people crossing. I unfolded my arms and kept walking. A moment later, I felt something smooth yet cold slid in my left hand then I glanced over at my side and  saw Ethan's hand pressed on mine. Startled, I fixed my gaze on our entwined hands, then into Ethan. He wasn't looking at me, instead kept on walking as if he did nothing like, holding my hand. I really felt awkward so I held his hand back.