Chapter 6- Reminisce

It was our first day of sophomore year today and I was really excited to meet some new friends so I decided to go to school with Jer. I kissed mom and dad on the cheek and said goodbye to them and walked outside our house to go to his house. He lived at the end of the street so it's not that far. I knocked on their door and Mrs. Morgan answered it.

"Hey Anne. Is Jer done preparing?" I greeted her. 

"Hi sweetie. Jeremy is still sleeping. Why don't you go upstairs and wake him up?" she asked me. I nodded and went upstairs to go to his room. I opened his door and saw him still sleeping. No wonder he was always late when he goes to school. I jumped on his bed but he didn't even wake up. I just watched him sleeping. He was oblivious of my presence so after a few minutes, his eyes slowly opened. 

"Boo," I whispered.

"Ahhhh!" Jer screamed and  he fell on his bed and landed on the floor. I burst into laughter. He stood up and glared at me. "What the hell was that for?"

I still laughed until my stomach ached. "Y-your face... Priceless!"  

"Not funny!" he said.

"Sorry but I find it really hilarious," I smirked. "You should go take a bath now. We'll be late for school."

"Yes mom," he sarcastically said then he went to the bathroom. I stood up from his bed and went downstairs to wait for him. Mrs. Morgan was cooking. Jer really looked like her. With her blue eyes, dark hair and fair skin.

Jer's parents were divorced so it was only him, his brother, and his mom living in this house. His brother John was three years older than him so his brother was in his senior year now. My parents and Anne were good friends so we always spent Christmas together.

When Jer was done, we ate breakfast and made our way towards the door. We ran to the station to catch up the bus.

We made our way to the school entrance when we saw people forming a big circle at the parking lot. Curiously, we went straight and saw two boys fighting and two girls trying to stop them. I looked at Jer and said that we should stop them. He nodded and we went between the circle and tried stopping the fight when we saw what's happening.

"Hey what the hell guys! Stop it!" the reddish haired girl said. 

"It's none of your business you slut!"  blond haired boy glared.

The girl's mouth formed an 'o' and she punched the boy. Her friend stopped her. "Hey, hey, Andrea! Stop it!"

"No Jane this fucktar just called me a slut!" the  reddish haired girl named Andrea shouted. The crowd seemed amused when the Andrea punched the boy. The girl Jane tried to stop her  but failed.

The dark haired boy who I figured was Chris laughed. "Damn, you don't seem like a girl to me. You punch like a dude!" he said to Andrea.

"You're lucky I don't hit girls bitch!"  the blond dude shouted at Andrea.

"You won't get away with it Chris freaking Flannel!" he shoved Chris.

That's when Jer and I went between the boy and Chris. "Stop! You're making a scene!"  I shouted at them. 

"Tell your stupid girlfriend to shut up!" the blond guy growled  at Jer.

Jer glared at him. "First, she's not stupid and second, she's not my girlfriend!"  Yet.